Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Where is the descent profile display?

I'm sure I saw somewhere there is a display that looks a bit like a line graph showing you where you are on the descent profile. Can someone tell me where it is? Thanks.

I'm sure I saw somewhere there is a display that looks a bit like a line graph showing you where you are on the descent profile. Can someone tell me where it is? Thanks.
I don't have the NGX yet but I think it's on the MCP. When you activate the full compass view! With that knob you use to change from different modes of view (plan, app, vor, map). What's its name again? happy.png

Assuming it's installed on your airframe, press the CTR button on the EFIS control panel twice.

The Vertical Situation Display (VSD) is brought up on the ND by rotating the ND selector knob to "Map" and then pressing the "Center" button on the inside of the knob twice. Should be in the docs somewhere...

Brandon Burkley

No worries, just found it in FCOM v2 - p.588 of the PDF version shows how to bring it up on the ND. Check out p.490+ for lots of cool info on how it works... Have fun!

Brandon Burkley