Sign in to follow this  
blackheart2502

Door Opening?

Why do I have to have a generator online to open any of the doors in the FS Actions menu of the CDU? None of the doors on the plane are powered. They all open manually. The only thing that requires power are the airstairs. Is this just a sim-ism or is there a problem with my install? Does the FS Actions menu not interface with the plane until the AC power is on? Not a big deal at all just a curiosity. This sim is so deep that I'm having a blast just trying to enjoy all the little subtle interactions. I got the master caution light on my third landing for the over wing exits and immediately went to the manuals to find out that it ocassionally happens on the real jet. The cure didn't work for me though. I tried opening and closing them several times to no avail. So I did what I would do in real life. I called maintenance and went and got a cup of coffee. Great job PMDG. Hiram Hunt

I am not able to open the main exit unless there is power as well. I dunno what kind of quirk that is, but it doesnt concern me much. The rest seem to be able to open for me regardless of power state,.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I cant close the door unless I close the airstairs as well, even if the airstairs were never even opened in the first place, seems completely screwed to me.

Cheers, Andy.

I cant close the door unless I close the airstairs as well, even if the airstairs were never even opened in the first place, seems completely screwed to me.
that information is posted in the introduction manual

Yes I read it too, BUT I DIDN'T OPEN THE AIRSTAIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE, so I assumed this was irrelevant, unless I read it wrong. EDIT: No I didnt read it wrong.

NOTE: For air-stair equipped aircraft, you must close door 1L before youcan retract the stairs into the airplane.
I cannot close the door unless I put the airstairs out, looks bloody stupid doing that if I never used them in the first place because I'm using an airbridge. So to close the door even if the airstairs were never used in the first place I have to extend the stairs then retract them again before the door closes, thats not what it says should happen in the above quote, but its the only way I can close the door.

Cheers, Andy.

Bump this... 400X didnt behave like this. Passenger doors could be opened without any power. You only needed an apu or ground power to open cargo doors. Which is true to RW. It should be a low priority on their to do list for SP1.

Chuck Biggins

Bump this... 400X didnt behave like this. Passenger doors could be opened without any power. You only needed an apu or ground power to open cargo doors. Which is true to RW. It should be a low priority on their to do list for SP1.
Just that this isn't the 47. Did PMDG simulate the pressurization of the aircraft?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Sick level of detail!!!!! Jamalje I didn't even think about the pressurization!!! I went into the VC turned on the battery, switched to manual pressurization and opened the outflow valve and I opened all the doors. Apparently there was about .5 psi differential and that was enough to keep the doors from opening!!! Wicked!!! Hiram Hunt

Just that this isn't the 47.Did PMDG simulate the pressurization of the aircraft?
Does the aircraft stay pressurized in a cold and dark situation?For instance when it is being parked overnight.

Chuck Biggins

The non-powered cabin doors should open from the CDU in cold and dark. Before the aircraft has a chance to pressurize. This is what I was talking about when I referred to the 747. Just a comparison to other PMDG products that model this correctly. Since basically all commercial aircraft that I can think of have non-powered cabin doors. I think this is what Hiram is talking about.

Chuck Biggins

For some reason when the plane first loads in cold and dark it has .5 psi on the cabin and you can't open the doors. If you fly it and then shut it down and close the doors you can open them again. If you save your cold and dark flight when you come back to it you can open the doors. Somehow that .5 psi got into the cold and dark from PMDG and that's why they won't open. Minor glitch but cool at the same time because it shows you the level of systems detail and interaction. Hiram Hunt

Good the PMDG is reading all our post, so all this little glitches like the ADF one get addressed and fixed in due time. Imagine how perfect the next projects will be.