Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Still Having Issue with Brakes

I've had several instances where my brakes stop working. I've looked at some of the other posts and the issue in those posts seems to relate to the autobrake system. I tried some of the suggestions mentioned but my issue doesn't seem to be related to autobrakes. Did a flight last night and landed with autobrakes off and slowed with just the thrust reversers. When I pulled off the runway I had no brakes. If I reset the flight the brakes come back. If I start from a saved flight that had no brakes the brakes don't work. I have CH rudder pedals and the brake message appears on the screen when i use the toe brakes even though they have no effect on the aircraft. Any suggestions?

Steve Giblin

i was haveing the same issue. And just started useing the auto brakes that seems to help.

I may know the cause of the problem. Is it right that you've been watching the replay after your landing in FS Recorder? Like this, there's basicly a double landing being made. Therefore the brakes will overheat and a failure will happen. Now go in the FMC to PMDG Options/Aircraft/Failures and if it says that you have failures, clear it and press the EXEC button. If it doesn't say you have failures but you're brakes are still not working then I might know the cause either.If you forget to clear the failures before saving a flight, then this will happen: after reloading the flight, the actual failure will be cleared (in this case the brake failure), but the failure is still in the Failure page in the FMC. Like this the failure system has gotten reversed. If you have cleared the braking failures, the brakes don't work, if you have not cleared the brake failure, the brakes will work. This means that you must have a brake failure for the brakes to work. The only way to solve this is to load the aircraft again (not the saved flight!), and do the flight over. This is a pretty annoying glitch and should be solved in the next hotfix.Arjen Vandervelde

Ah...Interesting...I have been watching the replay. Is there a way to see the specific failures in the FMC? I think I tried to find an indication of a brake failure and could find it... Interesting about the system reversing itself...I'll look out for this...

Steve Giblin

Ah...Interesting...I have been watching the replay. Is there a way to see the specific failures in the FMC? I think I tried to find an indication of a brake failure and could find it... Interesting about the system reversing itself...I'll look out for this...
Go to the failures menu in the CDU "Menu>PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>FAILURES" and it will show you if you have any active failures.