Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Traffic installation

Hello all. would like to install some Syrian Air and Air Koryo traffic files into FSX, but I am completely lost. How do I accomplish this? I tried to use TTools, but it seems to work only for FS2004 and '02. The packages are for FS2004, but is it possible to use them with FSX? The file names are sapsyrianairtraffic201011.zip and su06kory.zip on flightsim.com. As you can see, I am very lost. Thank you very much for any help! hamoody

Don't know if FS9 traffic can be imported in to FSX never tried. Why don't you use WOAI its free. http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I do use World of AI (in the process of downloading/installing all of the packages now), but WOAI doesnt have Syrian Air or Air Koryo.

I use Don Grovestine's free AI Flight Planner program for converting FS2004 flight plans into FSX compatible ones. Regards, Mike Mann

What about the extended names problem in FSX? Anyone find a way around that for the WOAI with out having to rename every single aircraft in the CFG?

What about the extended names problem in FSX? Anyone find a way around that for the WOAI with out having to rename every single aircraft in the CFG?
I think there is military traffic site they have something on the site which talks about using FS9 traffic in FSX, I have the Military files but have not yet tried it under FSX.

Don't know if FS9 traffic can be imported in to FSX never tried. Why don't you use WOAI its free.
WOAI essentially is FS9 traffic but can be used in FSX. Although it might not be as efficient due to it using FS9 models where as some of the payware FSX traffic programs use FSX native models. One of the the main things with using FS9 flight plans is that the start days are numbered differently in FSX, however you can use freeware tools to convert the FS9 based traffic file to FSX format to make the a/c show up on the correct day of the week.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

WOAI essentially is FS9 traffic but can be used in FSX. Although it might not be as efficient due to it using FS9 models where as some of the payware FSX traffic programs use FSX native models. One of the the main things with using FS9 flight plans is that the start days are numbered differently in FSX, however you can use freeware tools to convert the FS9 based traffic file to FSX format to make the a/c show up on the correct day of the week.
Ok I better research on this. I am wondering how many aircrafts you fly and how many places everyday :)

I am wondering how many aircrafts you fly and how many places everyday :)
Since the NGX came out, it will be the only thing I will be flying for a LONG time. How many places to I fly to every day? Varies. Sometimes 3 or 4 sometime only one. Depends on how busy I am at work since I do most of my flying during the daytime while I am at work, so if I am not busy or decide to only work a few hours then I get a lot of flying time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello all. would like to install some Syrian Air and Air Koryo traffic files into FSX, but I am completely lost. How do I accomplish this? I tried to use TTools, but it seems to work only for FS2004 and '02. The packages are for FS2004, but is it possible to use them with FSX? The file names are sapsyrianairtraffic201011.zip and su06kory.zip on flightsim.com. As you can see, I am very lost. Thank you very much for any help! hamoody
Hi, TTools, while great in it's day is outdated. As the others mentioned, AIFP is a multi-functional traffic program and can install your packages and convert your FP's. Another easy program you can use is http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-utilities-45/airport-ai-enhancer-x2004-31519.html and some like to use FP_FS9_FSX by Peter van der Veen http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?p=19 It's also good to have a working knowledge of the basics of AI traffic in the sim, this tutorial is very helpful: http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=99920Finally, once you convert your flightplans to FSX format, remember, the mere presence of ANY FS9 formatted plan will nullify all your FSX traffic, including ships and cars.

Regards, Kendall