Sign in to follow this  

Am I allowed to upload this...? Complete tutorial 'checklist'

O, ok... well, let's give it a try then. ;) Here it is! Please check for mistakes... ;)
Thanks Guy! It wil be usefull for all!

Well, that's what the manual says...!
Disengage the autopilot by pressing Z or your joystick APdisconnect key twice. I read this so:Disengage the autopilot by pressing Z (once) or your joystick APdisconnect key twice. And no its not your fault ... I did it wrong too because somehow 2x z wasn't really working for me and thats why I noticed ( I also read this z twice for the first time)I hope I'm right no 100% warrenty :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Nice, thanks for that. Might use it as a template for future flights until I'm back up to speed. Been a while since I flew a 737!

Ed Haslam

Thanks (again) all!

Disengage the autopilot by pressing Z or your joystick APdisconnect key twice. I read this so:Disengage the autopilot by pressing Z (once) or your joystick APdisconnect key twice. And no its not your fault ... I did it wrong too because somehow 2x z wasn't really working for me and thats why I noticed ( I also read this z twice for the first time)I hope I'm right no 100% warrenty :)
Could anybody else check this? I could of course simply remove the 'press z twice' addition and leave it up to the pilot how to disable the AP (you can also click the buttons in the VC), but if it IS required, it's important information imho! I can't check it myself right now because I am very busy at work AND I am installing a new computer for FSX... Then again, the fact that no one made any complaints about mistakes after 616 downloads could mean there ARE no mistakes. ;) About cold and dark: as someone else (and myself) already said: this list is an addendum to the tutorial and since the tutorial says nothing about cold and dark, this pdf does neither. ;) Maybe when the 2nd tutorial is released I will add it to this list or make a new list altogether (depends on how complicated that 2nd tutorial is and if I still feel like doing it by then... tongue.png ).

Could anybody else check this?
I checked it while flying an active route right now ... pressing z once the 'CMD' goes to 'FD' in the PFD and the bells comes on ... and the plane isn't following the routeAfter I pressed z the 2nd time the bells go silent and the display in the PFD goes from 'FD' to 'CMD' again and its following the route via A/P again ...I don't know if this behavior is the same on landing ... edit:ok tried it on landing ... pressing z once the 'LANDING 3' dual A/P goes to 'FD' and A/P bell ringspressed it a 2nd time and it goed from 'FD' to 'SINGLE CH' A/P mode ... I don't know if single channel A/P is considered the right procedure, but it 'works' also

P.L. Tran

I checked it while flying an active route right now ... pressing z once the 'CMD' goes to 'FD' in the PFD and the bells comes on ... and the plane isn't following the routeAfter I pressed z the 2nd time the bells go silent and the display in the PFD goes from 'FD' to 'CMD' again and its following the route via A/P again ...I don't know if this behavior is the same on landing ... edit:ok tried it on landing ... pressing z once the 'LANDING 3' dual A/P goes to 'FD' and A/P bell ringspressed it a 2nd time and it goed from 'FD' to 'SINGLE CH' A/P mode ... I don't know if single channel A/P is considered the right procedure, but it 'works' also
Ok, thanks, but er... was that DURING landing (since you see LANDING 3) or AFTER landing (which is the case in the tutorial!) ;) BTW Single channel doesn't seem to be a proper mode because you need both AP's for an official autoland afaik.

Ok, thanks, but er... was that DURING landing (since you see LANDING 3) or AFTER landing (which is the case in the tutorial!) ;) BTW Single channel doesn't seem to be a proper mode because you need both AP's for an official autoland afaik.
sorry after touchdown ... of course i get LANDING 3 for the automated landing and then when all wheels are down and I engage reverse thrust i pressed the z twice and it went to SINGLE CH and switches between FD and SINGLE CH if I press the z button

P.L. Tran

Ok, clear. I deleted that remark about pressing Z twice and added a reference to the tutorial as Scott434 suggested. Since I can't edit the previous post anymore, I'll simply add the pdf to this post... It's not too bad if people miss it because the mentionded changes are all that has been changed. Changelog v2 (sounds cool...! :( )- removed 'PRESS Z TWICE' from AUTOPILOT OFF entry- added reference to which tutorial was used at the top of the pdf

thank you for doing this ... its very helpful and I hope you will do something like that too for tutorial #2can't wait for it ;)

P.L. Tran

Use Mike S's checklist for that - it's already in the library. DJ
Where is it in the library ?

I made an QRH with clickspots in the indexes to get you directly to the wished page but I have still no answer if i am allowed to upload it. It is just the regular QRH which was included in the NGX download and I placed the clickspots in front of the indexes. It makes it really easier if you fly with emergencies to find a checklist quick for any abormals etc. Anybody has an idea?

Where is it in the library ?
Search for "Swannick" and order by date; it should be near the top. DJ