Sign in to follow this  

Humbling...

Well, I finally downloaded Mr. Grabowski's ERJ and, after spending my morning coffee reading over the panel handbook, decided to give the tutorial flight a go. Now I understand why there are two guys in the cockpit...But, I did manage to fly the approach manually reasonably well, pretty close to the numbers though a bit messy on the two base turns. I flew a nice approach, just slightly above the GS, putting her down reasonably close to the centerline, about 1500 feet down, on the mains, though didn't execute the double flare as well as I might have. Passengers wondered if we blew a nose wheel...I got to say, I havn't had such a fun day in a long time, and it didn't cost me a dime! Though, I've got a lot of work to do and boy, do you have to have your planning nailed before you sit down and fire up the engines. But, what a wonderful plane and panel.Thanks Bill and his team for a wonderul day. Colin

A great panel. I have been using it for 7 months and always keep the printed manual at hand whilst flying it.Cookie