Sign in to follow this  
jodle

PMDG aircrafts conclusion.

Three years ago I asked on Polish simulation forum http://www.il2forum.xt.pl/ why flying over FL300 default FSX B747 have problem with speed? They answered that is fsx issue and I should find some commercial aircrafts...I really like "big cars" so was trying to find some big machine. I chose B744X from PMDG. I remember that begining wasn't easy. But it was brilliant machine. Flying after few hours trying many configuration became really nice. It was my first aircraft from Your Team.pmdg_748.jpgToday I'm flying B748.I find in this machine some extra which made FSX not "spending time with flying" but really simulation.After few months PMDG develop JS41. I've never seen it on real life. But my previous experience with PMDG machine was great so I decide buy it.Also it wasn't easy to start this machine (reading manual helps). But flying with that make another "mile" in FSX simulation engine.I was so strong with this machine (I think) that try to make some help tutorial of JS41.pmdg_js41.jpgJS41 with EUROLOT paint over Netherlands (NL2000 scenery)Over my home in Poland I have aircraft route where often flying "big fishes" like B744, A330, A340, A380, etc. Many times I saw MD11 (UPS and Lufthansa). I wached on Youtube films with that aircrafts from real life and FSX. I decide to buy another machine from PMDG. It was great. MD11 with all specification of flying and procedures make another big step to make FSX much more simulation. I spend lot of time with that machine. Great machine!pmdg_md11.jpgMD11F over Polish virtual sky.I'm looking few times in week on PMDG website. Also was following about develop 737NGX. It was nice time when PMDG team show us some screens of their work. I remember night from 4/5th of August. I decide to be first who buy that machine ;-). Wake up! My wife shake my arm. I slept on computer when was waitng to begin selling another machine. Great machine! As usually I bought it! I know that it make really new life in FSX.pmdg_737.jpgFirst flight (tutorial) from EGKK to EHAM. (NL2000 scenery).I became PMDGholic. And I know whatever it was from PMDG team in future - I'll buy it because it make me much more closer real life flying.Thank You! PMDG Team!Dziękuję!

Dziękuję! thank you for sharing your story. I am sure that it is representative of so many others. Like the term "PMDGholic". Kind of accurate actually now that I think about it.

I'm PMDGholic too :)I was flying PMDG 737 (for FS9), then my perfect lady 747-400X ;)This jumbo-jet from PMDG was my favourite aircraft. I spent hundreds of hours flying 744X and I even invited my friends to show and learn them how this works.Flying "boeings" is my passion, I really love these knobs, switches, panels, procedures, sounds.That's why I always look to the sky when I hear or see something flying above my head :) And 737NGX?... Masterpiece for me. People from PMDG did perfect job. I know there are many issues in their new product, but it doesn't matter. Everything can be fixable by Service Packs. It's too complicated product to be bugs free, that's normal. As I come from Poland like jodle I would like to write:Ogromne dzięki! :)

Adrian

lukas, that sound like my own pmdg success story. except that I started with their 'old' 737 and then it just went on. already now savings some bucks every week for the 777..

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I know there are many issues in their new product, but it doesn't matter. Everything can be fixable by Service Packs. It's too complicated product to be bugs free, that's normal.
Well said! Exactly the way i see it. This product is such a masterpiece it would be very weird for it not to have some issues given the almost endless parallel flight simulator universes in existence. and i'm sure that PMDG must have the ambition with this one to make it flawless over time.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable