Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

737NGX: back to Real Simming

"Real Simming", possibily an oxymoron, or is it?I started simming back in 1983, when "measuring" fps was not an issue: you could actually COUNT the frames on your screen ...After nearly 30 years, I have experimented a lot, spent an obscene amount of money on hw upgrades just for those 3 frames per second (know the feeling?) but there are only a few magic moments that I call "Real Simming". I will name some:1) my first IFR flight in FS2 (VOR to VOR Meigs to Champaign)2) soaring around Half Moon Bay in Flight Unlimited II3) a full Heathrow - Kai Tak with Aerowinx PS1During the last 5 or 6 years I had lost interest, and sincerely I thought that simming was something that belonged to the past for me, then two things happened: 1) Orbx sceneries 2) PMDG 737 NGX I flew a Brisbane - Melbourne segment, then a Miami - St Marteen, Melbourne - Canberra, Rome-Olbia, Genova-Rome, one after the other, and then.... Then it's a new rig: I am building it far from home, where the wife can't see :-))) It's a 2600K, 2 ssd drives, a new video card, and I have been working 3 days on it, solved problems, tried new solutions, overclocked, everything. WellI I am back: back to real simming, thanks to 737NGX.

Hi ADamiani Welcome back!! An airsimmer fellow is always an airsimer fellow. I really wish you a good luck with that new rig of yours. I think NGX is as of now the perfect airplane not just for the real world but, at last, for us the serious simmers. Although I'm a former real world commercial pilot, now I'm retired and I enjoy a lot l living the "continuation" of my whole life career. warm regards Art Washton.

Tnx Art, hopefully the new rig will be here in a couple days, then I will let you know. Take care Andrea

Andrea, sure you'll get high frame rates with this unbeatable addon, enjoy yourself alot !! Take care you too Art.

1) my first IFR flight in FS2 (VOR to VOR Meigs to Champaign)
Ha, I certainly remember that route... Nice. The memories. LMAO.gif If Meigs was still around, heck I'd be flying in the Chicago area a whole lot more still. sig.gif

Ha, I certainly remember that route... Nice. The memories. LMAO.gif If Meigs was still around, heck I'd be flying in the Chicago area a whole lot more still. sig.gif
We sure had a lot of fantasy .... I'm afraid all those hyperealistic 3D 7.1 surround games are spoiling it for the new generations: I remember getting excited when I finally saw "the runway" (A LINE! I repeat: A SINGLE WHITE LINE ON A GREEN BACKGROUND). My imagination did the rest. Bye Andrea

Guest Turboblower

I remember using an atlas and a compass for navigation, just to fly from meigs to denver. I think FMC's have made me lazy :)

Lol...nice to see someone who has been simming as long as I have. Makes me feel a little less old.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Oh I have to say I didn't fly that route on FS2, but rather 98 which was when I started (yeah I'm not THAT old LMAO.gif but I think I still started early enuff, relatively)... sig.gif

Hi ADamiani Welcome back!! An airsimmer fellow is always an airsimer fellow. I really wish you a good luck with that new rig of yours. I think NGX is as of now the perfect airplane not just for the real world but, at last, for us the serious simmers. Although I'm a former real world commercial pilot, now I'm retired and I enjoy a lot l living the "continuation" of my whole life career. warm regards Art Washton.
Your right, once your a simmer, your will be FOREVER a simmer... I does happen that sometimes your interest will dive down, due to boredom and routine. I remember my first interest in flight simulation back in 9/11, when I learned that the hijackers were training themselves on MS FS. That sparked my curiousity and the rest was history...