Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

Flightplans ...

I have just started to study the massive manuals, so please bear with me if the piece of info I am about to ask is somewhere in there. Is there an easy way to find real 737 flightplans on the Internet? I was looking specifically for Caribbean destinations (I am intrigued by that Canouan landing) and Australian ones, short segments (about 40 - 90 minutes) Tnx in advance Andrea

Does it add sids and stars and transitions automatically? Because I never ever know how to add them...

I believe that rfinder isnt using real life routes, but instead generates the routes on-the-fly based on the parameters that gets entered. http://simroutes.com/ uses a database of valid flight plans, but its not possible to filter by plane type, you just search an airport pair and you'll get a valid route. For real life US routes I use flightaware.com, you can search and filter for a wide variety of things.

The problem I have with Flight Aware is it doesn't provide enough knowledge for total flight plan novices like me. I'm trying to recreate the SWA2892 flight from KFLL to KMCO. Flight Aware says the route is ARKES1 ARKES J113 LLNCH BAIRNS2. But what runway does it land on? If I plug that into the FMC using the BAIRNS2 36L STAR I get a discontinuity between LLNCH and BAIRNS2. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm sorry, but I'm a total novice here. I put in the departure/arrivals into the DEP ARR screen, then go to Route, and it shows ARKES1 ARKES, which seems right. Then I add "J113 then LLNCH" and then go to Arrivals, choose 36R and then the PBI.BAIRN2 and I get the discontinuity. What is the proper way to enter this? Is the flight plan really not ARKES1 ARKES J113 LLNCH BAIRN2 like Flight Aware says? Thanks for all the help!

You can close discontinuties by first clicking the line key of the next waypoint after the discontinuity (the name of the waypoint should then appear in the scratchpad line at the bottom of the FMC) and by then clicking the line key of the gap between the last valid waypoint and the discontinuity. You should recognize it by the THEN prompt and the squares that fill that gap on the right side of the FMC. Once you've done that you will see that the next valid waypoint and in fact all the waypoints after that move up one line, effectively closing the gap and removing the discontinuity. You can also see that on the map, because now a line should appear between the formerly disconnected waypoints, which turns magenta once you activate the modified flight plan.

I only use Flightaware.com ... go to pilot resource and scroll down to recently use IFR routes... Carlitos Colon

FSBuild will export it just fine.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I have just started to study the massive manuals, so please bear with me if the piece of info I am about to ask is somewhere in there. Is there an easy way to find real 737 flightplans on the Internet? I was looking specifically for Caribbean destinations (I am intrigued by that Canouan landing) and Australian ones, short segments (about 40 - 90 minutes) Tnx in advance Andrea
Go to http://flightaware.c...tics/ifr-route/ these routes are REAL, that webpage is like a radar and shows you the real airplanes flying in the moment. But only shows routes from and to USA sometimes if you are lucky you can get Caribbean, you know inside that zone.

If you cannot make proper connection between route and star that, I can make mini tutorial with screenshots for that KMCO approach, or I can make route in FMC you want and then send it to you. Lj. Prodanovic EDIT: I made FP for you, KFLL to KMCO Take off rwy 27R, landing rwy 36R. All gaps closed, and you should have smooth flight. Just unpack file I uploaded onhttp://www.sendspace.com/file/5vthny into "Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX" In FMC RTE page 1, click on LSK 2L (co route), select KFLLKMCO001 FP in list, click on EXEC button, and then ACTIVATE it via LSK 6R.

As soon as PMDG gets around to releasing the very necessary SDK or at least the documentation for the new 737NGX rte file structure then the support companies like AivlaSoft will prepare a quick update so their Electronic Flight Bag will save Flightplans for the PMDG 737NGX. Then you can either build them while looking at the charts and maps, import them from several sources and use instantly, or modify for your needs. This makes building flightplans and adding SIDS and STARS easy as pie. Then we can concentrate on flying this beautiful creation and not punching little buttons while still on the ground. But, unfortunately without the proprietory file structure data it is impossible to support new releases like the PDMG NGX. I realize everyone has their own priorities but, I would think releasing file structure documentation would not be that difficult or time comsuming. Just my opionion. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .