Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

Anyone getting this in Fog?

Getting what ? A TOW Truck ? or Shouted at by ATC, for sitting on the Runway, with your engines off ??? Clown.gifClown.gifClown.gifClown.gif

Yes as a matter of fact when I way flying some low vis approaches last night I lost my MCP as it changed to a weird color as well as losing my HGS, then I also lost some other parts of my VC. I thought it was just a fluke but I did take some screen shots of what happened. Maybe I should go ahead and post them since it seems like it happened to you as well.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Getting what ? A TOW Truck ? or Shouted at by ATC, for sitting on the Runway, with your engines off ??? Clown.gifClown.gifClown.gifClown.gif
It's not real! Calm down, no one is going to die or crash or whatever makes you freak out...... ..bigger picture dude. Chris Farrell

It's not real! Calm down, no one is going to die or crash or whatever makes you freak out...... ..bigger picture dude. Chris Farrell
CHRIS ... And your Bigger Picture is what ? apart from you cleary don't have sense of Humour ! Someone post a screen shot with so many things wrong with it and says " Anyone else getting this is FOG", without identifying what the are refereing to !!! Lighten up, !! Why is everyone so G,D, Rude and Aggressive on this Forum ?? You would have thought everyone would be in a GREAT MOOD, and celebrating the new plane. NOT NICE ..

Thanks everyone. I seem to have the anomoly when visibility is below 1/2 mi.

CHRIS ... And your Bigger Picture is what ? apart from you cleary don't have sense of Humour ! Someone post a screen shot with so many things wrong with it and says" Anyone else getting this is FOG",without identifying what the are refereing to !!! Lighten up, !! Why is everyone so G,D, Rude and Aggressive on this Forum ?? You would have thought everyone would be in a GREAT MOOD, and celebrating the new plane. NOT NICE ..
Please, please just let us have a discussion. WTH are you talking about anyway?! I put in bold the part I'm referring to since you aren't very observant. Big%20Grin.gif
Even though you probably hate me now.No I don't my NGX is fine in fog, although my MCP dials are blue.
I definitely don't hate you. I'm no saint! Lol.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

CHRIS ... And your Bigger Picture is what ? apart from you cleary don't have sense of Humour ! Someone post a screen shot with so many things wrong with it and says" Anyone else getting this is FOG",without identifying what the are refereing to !!! Lighten up, !! Why is everyone so G,D, Rude and Aggressive on this Forum ?? You would have thought everyone would be in a GREAT MOOD, and celebrating the new plane. NOT NICE ..
I can't help but point out the irony. Your post seems a bit rude and aggressive. Loser.gif Guthrie Z

Thanks everyone. I seem to have the anomoly when visibility is below 1/2 mi.
I just posted some pics and a description of what happened to me. To be honest I cant remember if I was in 1/8 or 1/4 or 1/4 mile vis, but now that you mentioned it only happened to you under 1/2 mile vis, I am going to test it at more than 1/2 mile and less to see if it will do it again.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think this might be gpu related. If all else fails, you could try different drivers or if you wanted to be extreme try different gpu. You could also try changing from 32bit to 16bit color in FSX. This is an obvioius one but worth mentioning for other people...make sure DX10 preview is off.

I think this might be gpu related. If all else fails, you could try different drivers or if you wanted to be extreme try different gpu. You could also try changing from 32bit to 16bit color in FSX. This is an obvioius one but worth mentioning for other people...make sure DX10 preview is off.
Thanks for the input. I find it strange the issue only happens with extreme low visibility. I doubt it's GPU related, but rather some sort of FSX bug. I've just finished with a clean install, and will start from there.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I wasn't intending to be rude or aggressive, just pointing out the obvious. RE: Bigger picture = the real world outside of a game. Chris Farrell

despite some other perceptions I have to admit that this post made me smile. and to add something to the topic: never seen this so far but I will check with extremely low vis setting tonight.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"