Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Another one with issues in the fog

I just saw Zach post something similar to what happened to me last night.Here's the scenario. I loaded the NGX up as KDFW for some low vis approaches at night. Everything started off fine but shortly into the flight the MCP panel went clear, as in I could see thru it to the outside. I entered the FMC and changed it from Collins to HW and it came back. Then one of the panels on the overhead did the same thing, it went clear and I could see thru the roof. That one I couldn't fix in flight.Next when I was on base the ETOPS sticker suddenly showed up even though I had ETOPS turned off in the FMC. However when I toggled it on and then off it went away. Lastly when I final the HGS pull down screen suddenly vanished but the readouts remaind. I was only able to get the HGS back by once again going into the FMC and toggling it on and off.I also noticed that once I was back on the ground the nav lights weren;t reflecting on the ground like they normally do.Frankly, I am not sure what happened. I was getting good performance, there was hardly any AI, and it seemed like I was going along just fine. But the common thing wioth Zach and I is that this happened when in the fog. I had been messing with the VC light dimmers and adjusting all the lights prior to this happening so I am wondering if this is a by product of the VC light system when in foggy conditions.After this happened I quit FSX and reloaded it, did the same things and it worked fine, so I dont know if it was just a one time thing or not.Attached are some screen shots.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Forgot to mention this was in the 800WL model if that matters.Sean Campbell

That's some really weird stuff O_O I my self have not had 1 occurance of anything at all. I consider my self lucky! =D

That's some really weird stuff O_O I my self have not had 1 occurance of anything at all. I consider my self lucky! =D
Yeah, aside from the occasional pause this is the first weird thing that has happened to me.Sean Campbell

Sean- What kind of after-market modifications have been added to your sim that impact the presentation of visibility?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert, First I am not sure how you found this post. I just posted another post saying that this one seemed to have disappeared and even searching under my own content I was unable to locate it. Anyway, on the topic, I have only installed the stuff in my signature such as REX 1024 Clouds DXT format and ASE for weather, although in this case I was not using ASE, just a weather from FSX that I set with a low vis layer. I also do have ENB running, but aside from that I tong think that anything else listed in my sig could case this. It seems to have been a one time event, however when Zach posted something similiar to this yesterday he was in fog with around 1/8 mile vis when he ran into problems. That is the reason I went ahead and posted my situation since I saw someone else had something similar to me. I have not yet tested again in low vis, but I think Zach said it happens to him when under 1/2 ot 1/4 mile vis conditions. Sean Campbell

Are you using the ******* Shader 3.0 mod?
Ryan, No just stock with FS Water Config.

can i bump this up because I am getting strange VC textures when in fog...I have ******* shader 3.0 have "Shade" also but get same issue whether I enable that or not. I have REX textures installed but dont use it for weather using ASE for weather input.