Sign in to follow this  
derianc

Problems? I have answers... I think!

Hey everyone! Lately, it seems as though more people than not have been experiancing some real difficulties with the new 737 NGX and some haven't even been able to do a maden flight... So I did some testing and I was able to do my first flight, about an hour ago. Lets address the throttle quadrant problem first. I recently experianced this problem and I believe I figured out how to solve it as it worked for me. After you start up your left engine first, try turning on the fuel at 20% N2 and then give it some throttle as it spools up. Be sure to have packs off (not auto), and to have the Cross bleed Off (not auto). After the left engine has started successfully, open the cross bleed, turn on engine bleed 1 and start eng number 2. Again, at 20% N2, turn the fuel selector to ON and give it some throttle. Now after start, turn on Engine bleed #2 and turn off the APU along with the APU bleed. Turn the Yaw Dampers on and try and give some throttle to both engines and see if they BOTH spool; that is the goal here! Now it should start up but i'm not too certain if it will work for everyone, I just know that lots of people are having problems with it and I managed to figure it out for my self. Now on to panel freezing... I found that after I got my first complete failure of my CDU and such where nothing was really "working," (it was all clickable but nothing functioned), I restarted my PC and then FSX and loaded the same flight. After doing that, everything worked flawlessly and I managed to do a full flight from KMCO-KMIA. I hope these suggestions work for you all. How ever, let me know if it doesn't and i'll keep doing some more testing to see what else might be the problem.

Lets address the throttle quadrant problem first. I recently experianced this problem and I believe I figured out how to solve it as it worked for me. After you start up your left engine first, try turning on the fuel at 20% N2 and then give it some throttle as it spools up. Be sure to have packs off (not auto), and to have the Cross bleed Off (not auto). After the left engine has started successfully, open the cross bleed, turn on engine bleed 1 and start eng number 2. Again, at 20% N2, turn the fuel selector to ON and give it some throttle. Now after start, turn on Engine bleed #2 and turn off the APU along with the APU bleed. Turn the Yaw Dampers on and try and give some throttle to both engines and see if they BOTH spool; that is the goal here! Now it should start up but i'm not too certain if it will work for everyone, I just know that lots of people are having problems with it and I managed to figure it out for my self.
You totally missed the point of the "throttle quadrant problem".And what you are describing is standard procedure. It's in the manual. I myself didn't see the need for throttle when spooling up. Nor it is in the procedures.
Now on to panel freezing... I found that after I got my first complete failure of my CDU and such where nothing was really "working," (it was all clickable but nothing functioned), I restarted my PC and then FSX and loaded the same flight. After doing that, everything worked flawlessly and I managed to do a full flight from KMCO-KMIA.
That is also not panel freezing. The issue is quite deeper than a simple restart of the computer, or do you think PMDG started a whole thread and ways to determine it just for fun?Restart is often quite helpful, but is not a solution. Good tries, but unfortunately not nearly correct.

You just could reload your plane and the panel freezing is gone ....

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You totally missed the point of the "throttle quadrant problem".And what you are describing is standard procedure. It's in the manual. I myself didn't see the need for throttle when spooling up. Nor it is in the procedures. That is also not panel freezing. The issue is quite deeper than a simple restart of the computer, or do you think PMDG started a whole thread and ways to determine it just for fun?Restart is often quite helpful, but is not a solution. Good tries, but unfortunately not nearly correct.
Explain to me then, the "throttle quadrant problem" please? Everything i've seen about tq problems has been about the left or right engine not throttling. Not what ever else ur talking about. And panel freezing? The CDU freezing? Basically the same thing.

Explain to me then, the "throttle quadrant problem" please? Everything i've seen about tq problems has been about the left or right engine not throttling. Not what ever else ur talking about. And panel freezing? The CDU freezing? Basically the same thing.
The only problem I see about TQ is that it's missing in 2D. There's a thread about it somewhere. What you are describing is not TQ problem, but rather startup procedure. Maybe was your topic somewhat misleading. And you also wrote that lots of people are having problems with it. Strange, I've not read any threads on it, did I miss something?

Derian, You described the standard procedure to start the engines.If you didn't notice, I'll tell you something: NGX doesn't have a 2D throttle quadrant. I'm not going to explain what it is, please google the term.

Derian, You described the standard procedure to start the engines.
Quite.From FCOM also:Engine Start SystemStarter operation requires pressurized air and electrical power. Air from the bleed air system powers the starter motor. The APU, an external ground cart, or the other operating engine provides the bleed air source.In the GRD position, the engine start switch uses battery power to close the engine bleed air valve and open the start valve to allow pressure to rotate the starter. When the start valve opens, an amber START VALVE OPEN alert is provided on the upper display unit. The starter rotates the N2 compressor through the accessory drive gear system. When the engine accelerates to the recommended value (25% N2 or max motoring), moving the engine start lever to the IDLE position opens the fuel valves on the wing spar and engine, and causes the EEC to supply fuel and ignition to the combustor where the fuel ignites. Initial fuel flow indications lag actual fuel flow by approximately two seconds, therefore, during engine start, an EGT rise may occur before fuel flow indication. There is no indication of moving throttle lever forward. I've never heard of such procedure on 737.