Sign in to follow this  
erict

What classic games do you think should be remade?

One game that always had me rolling on the floor hysterically was an obscure title called "Mail-Order Monsters"The goal was simple: earn enough money before your enemy did (Usually by tossing him off a building or something...), so you could go to the store and buy more monsters or upgrade yours. The ultimate goal being the tactical nuke sitting on the shelf in Aisle 5.Once you got the nuke, you could plant it unsuspectingly near your enemy, then run like hell!

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Now that game sounds funny and fun. Any idea where I can see some stills or scans from it. Do you remember the game Defender? That's what gave me the idea for this topic. I heard they remade it. It was a classic. Check out old vs. new. http://www.defender.midway.com/

Hey all. How was your Halloween? Anyone do anything cool? So, now that the weekend is here, what everyone got planned? Anyone gonna be playing any cool games? I'm gonna give that new 3D version of Defender a spin. What about you?

Did anyone remember Hovver Bovver ?Was a game where you had to mow a lawn and avoid things like dogs etc.and also a game called Trashman??You had to go and collect trash from peoples houses and avoid cars and the dogs in the yards..Mercenery 2 and 3 were only on the Amiga and ST I thinkThey started a PC version but scrapped it.Craig Kiltie

Guest emergency_pants

Right... I found a copy of Solo Flight for the C64 and here is a link to the details: http://www.c64.com/search.php?com=search_d...lish=MicroproseIt was released by Microprose in 1984 and produced by the great Sid Meier. It was the first flight sim I ever tried and I remember flying it for hours and hours... delivering that mail on airstrips which sometimes, if I remember, were on heavy slopes!The only difference is that I owned an Atari 800, not a C64. Not sure if there was much difference though!Check it out. You'll need to get a C64 emulator to see it in action again. But a swift google search will probably show several good results.Simon.

Guest Dominik Mann

>CBM 64 >>H.E.R.O. (the guy with a chopper on his back) >Zaxxon >Blue Max >Pitfall >Fort Apocalypse >Impossible Mission ('Destroy him, my robots') >Elite (definitely!!) >Commando (great music) Yeeeeeah, those were the days...Commando was awesome...especially since my buddies never quite figured it out, and I routinely beat them at it :D.H.E.R.O. ...talk about a motivating game...and Zaxxon, dont know how many hours I spent on this.How about those text-based adventure games? Had a few of those for my 64. One of them - don't quite remember the title, but I think it was something with "Neptune" - I never figured out how to phrase commands, so all I ever got were replies like "huh?" or "you got problems with the German language? I have no idea what you'rer trying to tell me..."Or Microprose's original "Gunship" sim...primitivity in itself, and I never quite figured it out either, but d@mn if I didn't have a good laugh when I was killed :D ...Ahhh, the memories... :-)

Was that the one with the (by today's standards) really awful attempt at voice emulation. If I can remember you could only assing an a/c five altitudes - 1,000' thru 5,000'. I too spent a number of hours on an Atari 1200XL.