Sign in to follow this  
Rafiti1

Please help...

Hello PMDG and NGX owners!About 3 days ago I bought the NGX but I can`t use it due to problems with activation. I`ve sent a ticket and as a respond I`ve got an external activator but it haven`t worked. The whole plane is unfunctional. Until now nobody answer to my ticket.I`m so confused now... There should be another way to activate the NGX :-((. I had a thought that maybe someone here will help me..... Rafal!

Ok. thanks for quick answer. So I must keep being patient. I just hope that it won`t take long...

Hi,I'm sure the PMDG staff will help you all the can - one of the reasons for the activation not working could be because of the following (as posted by Robert in an earlier topic) 2) Customers Having Activation Problems:I have spent most of my time working on this issue (divide and conquer!) and after working through issues with a handful of customers I am finding that the vast majority of these issues can be mitigated with some thoughtful computing. We have prepared an applet that is able to force activation onto a machine, and we anticipate rolling this out en-force tomorrow.However, there is always a hook: This applet cannot fix core windows problems, nor can it make up for users who run applications to automatically or manually kill various critical windows services because they think it will gain them better performance.Of the five customers I helped today, all five had run or were running one of the various "FSX Tweak" guides that advocate killing windows services. Unfortunately, this winds up becoming a problem when you install applications that depend upon those services- and it is generally bad guidance in any event unless you know for certain what a particular service is/is not doing.For example, our NGX depends upon a particular windows service that also happens to be used by Adobe PDF Maker. If you look this service up on some of the "tweaker" sites they will tell you it is safe to disable. However, when a user kills that service, they lose the NGX as well... So- the bottom line: Anyone who is having activation issues is going to get a ticket reply back from us on Tuesday with an app that will fix the vast majority of issues. If this app doesn't work for you, then Ryan and I will be personally involved with you to make sure we get you resolved as fast as possible. Just wondering if your aware of this ?

Just a thought not knowing what it's worth in this context. But I have earlier had problems installing some DL:s (not PMDG, though), and it turned out that I had the UAC activated (Controlpanel -> user accounts -> Activate or inactivate UAC). I unchecked that and it took care of my problems at that time....