Sign in to follow this  
Scandi426

Sounds exterior and AI

First; the FSX sound-engine is not what one would call "brilliant" - so with that in mind I just have a couple of odd questions. 1. When my NGX is parked, no systems or engines in operation I still hear the apu (or a similar sound) at full level in exterior view (spot view) Is this a compromise to have "enough audio channels" to make all the NGX sounds available? 2. I've also noticed sound from the surrounding AI-planes are remarkably loud, I even hear when they retract their flaps after landing... I use UT2 for AI-traffic, but cant say I have heard this with any other FSX aircraft loaded. Closing remark; Im still sitting at KBFI tarmac exploring and enjoying the various systems the NGX has to offer. I've done the Boeing Test Flights and waiting for the Customer Acceptance-flight to get LN-RRH home to Oslo.And then its placed in PDM for Internett wiring in the cabin LOL.gif BTW The PMDG NGX is a superb piece of software ! Bullseye - just as with the JS41. best regardsScandi426ENGM

Hi Bernt, Thanks for the feedback - we will try to make it "brilliant" for you! smile.png 1a. This is most likely the FSX Sound bug which happens on most airplanes - when you change FSX views the sounds of the engines gets messed up. Always press "Q" twice to reset the FSX engine sounds after switching views. 1b. Also, we have a confirmed small bug - when the aircraft is fully shutdown, the sound of the PACK inlet / outlets airflow is still playing back. This will be fixed soon! smile.png 2. The PMDG aircraft have absolutely no connection to any AI aircraft sounds - what is more likely is that you are experiencing issue 1a. Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer