Sign in to follow this  
MikeEchoXray

Hot Fix results and other issues...

Hey, Just letting the PMDG team know that the hot fix has successfully removed all "freeze" symptoms from my NGX. Thanks for this timely update, really is great! On a side note I am still experiencing failure of the exterior (and REX2.0) textures. This failure only begins once above 10'000ft and then remains for the rest of the flight (except in all replays, in which the textures are complete). I have HIMEMFIX=1 in my fsx.cfg, really have no idea how to fix this problem. If anyone could help out that would be brilliant. Regards,

Do you have HIMEMFIX=1 or HIGHMEMFIX=1? I do believe the former does not set the switch... you need to have the correct text in the cfg file. There was an apparent error in the documentation, as has been mentioned in another thread I understand... Andrew

Well i have also installed the fix, now i don't know if PMDG have done anything with the frames but i seem to have gained 4 fps.. but the freeze is not there anymore which is what this fix was about.. Regards Ste

So, you're saying the FPS improved after the fix? I cannot wait to try it myself when I'm done with working. Daniel Verhaal

One test flight egkk-lfpo in custom sceneries. No freezes where were before. But seems (maybe only seems) performance has become slightly worse, especially at approach.Also, FMC cant determine vertical deviation correctly (VNAV mode) if app runway has been changed. May be my mistake here

First flight and a frozen cockpit as well sad.png will submit a ticket.Which title do we have to use for the ticket ? I've named it TEST FREEZE REPORTPj

Hey, Just letting the PMDG team know that the hot fix has successfully removed all "freeze" symptoms from my NGX. Thanks for this timely update, really is great! On a side note I am still experiencing failure of the exterior (and REX2.0) textures. This failure only begins once above 10'000ft and then remains for the rest of the flight (except in all replays, in which the textures are complete). I have HIMEMFIX=1 in my fsx.cfg, really have no idea how to fix this problem. If anyone could help out that would be brilliant. Regards,
By "failure of the exterior (and REX2.0) textures" do you mean the REX clouds being square, because that's my problem.

Please note this is as a result of a single complete flight having applied the HotFix. Completion of FMC setup on a route that previously would result in FSX lockup has been resolved. There is definetly an apparent gain of a few fps. The route from London Stansted to Hannover utilzes scenery add-ons of UK2000 and Aerosoft German Airports, UTX, GEX, ASE and was flown using the VC. I use the external frame rate limiter which is set to 30fps and the average frame rate over the entire route was 27fps. Taxi trials at London Heathrow, again with UK2000 EGLL Xtreme and VC, gave acceptable results with 20fps dipping to mid teens in certain areas ( certainly not fluid but not unusable either). A switch to the 2d cockpit here restores fps above 20. As stated this a single flight result but looks like the NGX is now in the fleet.

Finally I managed to complete a single flight with no lock-up issues! However the sim would crash if trying to access display settings during flight. I tried it on the ground later, and it worked, so I'll have to determine wether it is consistently repeateble. Just a heads up.

Fabrizio Sassi

My freezes didnt get fixed, so I submitted a ticket :( But there was one very useful page I found during reading the endless comments trying to find a solution : http://virtualfsx.wordpress.com/checklist/Thanks for Jan Vaane, this link should be pinned, since this is the most logical and organized setting and tweak guide I've ever found and read about FSX! PS: I seem to have trouble with submitting a support ticket, might be a server overload?

Hi, Just submitted my ticket. You have to be patient ;-) and after I while, it will submit your ticket !Pieter-Jan

Thanks, I'm more than patient, dedicated my whole day to fixing this issue, and flying :)

Previous to the hot fix the flight instruments locked and the FMS corrupted every time I tried to launch...within minutes. Multiple times over six hours. Everything is smooth now but I'll have to try some more flights.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Mine are fixed as far as I can tell. Repeated the scenario in which I could get it to freeze every time. Not a hitch (freeze) this time!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules