Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Annoying Crash Issue

I have done about 10 flights so far with the NGX and after installing the HotFix I still get the freezes every 20 min or so and it just freezes for about 2 seconds and resumes but never crashes so it does not bother me any. However I have the SAITEK X52 Pro and the Saitek Rudder Pedals. What I always do is on the ground I open Controls in FSX and Align my Controllers before takeoff. Then before I am going to land at an airport I do it again. The reason being sometimes the controllers can get out of alignment and then you turn off the auto pilot and your plane does a barrel roll or something. So this is why I align my controllers like that. I dont have any problems doing this with the PMDG MD-11 or 747-400 but whenver I do this while in flight it causes the NGX to Crash. I have reproduced this over and over again. I wonder if I pause FSX before I align the controllers if that will prevent the crash? Gonna try that next. System Specs and Configuration Vista 64-Bit8 Gig OCZ ReapersQ6600 at 3.0 ghz8800 GTX 768 MbFSX SP2 without AccelerationRegistered FSUIPCGEX, REX, UTX, FS Global 2010

The reason being sometimes the controllers can get out of alignment and then you turn off the auto pilot and your plane does a barrel roll or something. So this is why I align my controllers like that. I dont have any problems doing this with the PMDG MD-11 or 747-400 but whenver I do this while in flight it causes the NGX to Crash. I have reproduced this over and over again.
sounds simillar to this problem http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342806-bank-angle-on-gs-ils-approach/page__hl__banking__fromsearch__1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

So it truly doesn't freeze. It "Stutters". With freezes there is no recovering.
No it does actually freeze, cause when it happens I can't do anything in the sim for 2 seconds and then it resumes as normal. The difference between me and the other guys is they are saying they crash after the freeze. I do not. But I found a way to get around the Calibration Crash Issue above. I just pause FSX and go back to the desktop and bring up the Control Panel - Controllers and calibrate it there. Then go back and resume flight :)

hot fix has made flying lot better hopefully should sort out the issue, can pmdg let us know what caused thisvivek