Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Abu Dhabi OMAA scenery - question

Hadn't seen this scenery before. Very nicely done by Matthew Ministry, Richard Reed and Richard Faith.I have some small white houses which I would like to get rid of.Any ideas please? omaa.jpg

John

This is off the top of my head and I dont have the scenery, but the other day I was thinking about that part of the world so here goes: Are the houses there without the addon scenery installed - but there with the default scenery?If they are part of the MSoft scenery I doubt that there is anything you can do but .......If they only appear with the addon scenery there might be some .agn (autogen) files in the scenery folder, and they might have some kind of identification ("houses" or something like that), or you could just try disabling .agn files at random until they dispappear.The only problem with that is that they might be linked to other buildings and you might end up with no building at all, but it wont hurt to try. Not a very professional or definitive answer I know, but it might help.

Have you tried e-mailing the authors? They will know whether it's "their" problem or "your" problem, and will as likely as not be interested in improving their product and your experience with it.

Looks like your missing a tree texture, Double to see if it requires Gerrish Grays Tree addition. Edit, Found in the Read me

I must also acknowledge the work of several other freeware authors.Gerrish Gray - yes, I still use Gerrish's trees!

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Matthew Ministry's scenery is auh-omaa-abudhabi-fs9.zip here at Avsim and it is fine if you have Gerrish Grey's trees. It says it was released "as is" presumably not quite finished. The sign update is omaa-af2-signs.zip The links above appear to be for Juergen Seidel's earlier scenery. Colin B

Matthew Ministry's scenery is auh-omaa-abudhabi-fs9.zip here at Avsim and it is fine if you have Gerrish Grey's trees. It says it was released "as is" presumably not quite finished. The sign update is omaa-af2-signs.zip The links above appear to be for Juergen Seidel's earlier scenery. Colin B
Thanks Colin.

Has anyone using Matthew's scenery managed to get the ILSs working for 13R/31L? The FS map shows the frequency as 108.1 for both ends, and the afcad gives 108.9 and 109.3 for 13R and 31L respectively. I can get no ident signal and no reception on any frequency. The ILSs on runways 13L/31R both work fine with both idents and signals. Colin B

Has anyone using Matthew's scenery managed to get the ILSs working for 13R/31L? The FS map shows the frequency as 108.1 for both ends, and the afcad gives 108.9 and 109.3 for 13R and 31L respectively. I can get no ident signal and no reception on any frequency. The ILSs on runways 13L/31R both work fine with both idents and signals. Colin B
Dunno. Haven´t checked the scenery deeply. But it´s looking good. Will have a look at it tomorow (It´s allready 1:12 in the night here. Should I go to bed??).