Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

PANEL/AIRCRAFT Freeze

Since the PMDG support portal is unusable for me now, again, I'm going to refer this report to here. I installed the Hotfix, and it seemed to take care of all of my panel freeze issues. BUT... MYYN-->KATL via JAVIS1.MAJUR RNAVYWR26L Just east of Florida the aircraft was s-turning pretty bad, so I decided to take over manually. To my surprise, the flight controls were completely unresponsive. The aircraft begin a bank to the left so I reengaged autopilot to take over. The gauges, as you can see, had frozen just after autopilot disconnect (via the soft disconnect command) The aircraft was completely unresponsive to the autopilot and this happened: Untitled-1.png

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

yes finished my first flight with hot fix, and never had a panel freeze,seems to be working,as i had problems with all my flights before hotfix installationvivek

yes finished my first flight with hot fix, and never had a panel freeze,seems to be working,as i had problems with all my flights before hotfix installationvivek
Let me make it clear. I do have the hotfix installed and this happened.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The hotfix seems to be making good headway to fixing my freezes. Can certainly complete flights now that were giving guaranteed lockups before. Still have had occasional freezes of the FO's CDU today though.

yeah ,looks like you are flying a space shuttle( joking)may be the hot fix as got no role to play in thisvivek

I had exactly the same thing happen on my first flight after the hotfix everything froze in the aircraft and I mean everything, the only way I could still control the aircraft was with the throttles, so I thought lets try re-enacting that flight I had seen on one of those air crash programs on TV where they flew and landed the plane with just the throttles. Well I managed it to my surprise and I do have a witness who can validate that if you do not believe me. If you are interested you can download the FSrecorder saved flight below to have a watch. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21030205/emerency.zip Watch the last 500 seconds or so.

Cheers, Andy.

Here is a video of the flight with the systems locked up and me steering the NGX with nothing but the throttles. Below is the description I put on youtube. Jump to 3:30 if you want to skip to the juicy bits.

PMDG NGX 737 Emergency landing after complete systems failure. Only the throttles are used to fly the plane, at no time did I touch the yoke, trim or rudders because the were locked up due to an error/bug after the first hotfix PMDG released. Only after the hard landing did I touch the wheel brakes to stop the aircraft. You may see the trim moving in the video, that is a bug too because I didn't touch those either because they weren't working like the rest of the systems. Please forgive the jaggies and compression, I use Nvidia Inspector for AA and AF graphics card settings and FRAPS does not seem to capture the video properly with the AA and AF intact when using NI. I actually have it running at 1920X1200 in the sim and its smooth as silk and 30+ FPS most of the time on my i7 2600k at 4.6Ghz

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Paul, yes I must admit that I was very pleased with myself for a good couple of hours after doing it, I really do love the NGX even with the small problems we are having with it at the moment.

Cheers, Andy.

Hello Zach ---- I too have lock up problems, but most interesting about your report here is that your initial photo shows your plane at about FL359. I think this is important since all my panel lock ups occur at higher altitudes (typically greater than FL300). I have not seen a lock up at lower altitudes. Have no idea yet why this should be an altitude-sensitive issue, but it is for me. Just thought I would let you know others having probs at high altitudes. Cheers --- Bob Worried.gif

Yeah, we're having the same issue then, Bob. Thanks for the input, and next time it happens send a report ticket (if you haven't already). PMDG seems to be at a loss with this one so far.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The only issue that I can related to freezing up before and after the hotfix... is I fly a flight from KSEA-PAJN.. I go to the gate turn on the APU shut the engines (but doesn't matter whether the plane is running or not...) and start inputting my new flight plan.. and only for some reason when I go to PANC and select runway 14 with any of the tran for Star everything freezes.. It also happens if I start FSX from any city to PANC and chose runway 14 with any trans.. for some reason the FMS hates runway 14 in PANC.. So I never use it for arrival.. But it doesn't freezes if Im using it for departure... Go figure.. lol... But that my only experience I have...Hopefully this is helpful to Ryan or anyone looking for a specific freezing.. Carlitos Colon..

Hmmm...bummer. The next airport I plan on visiting with the NGX is PANC Nail Biting.gif Oh, well maybe I can at least confirm that place has a problem if I get a freeze.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

For anyone who is interested I've made a HD video of my emergency landing where all flight surface controls froze leading me to have to make an emergency landing with nothing but engine thrust to steer and land the NGX at EGCC.

Edit: Updated with a little music near the end to raise the suspense even more, lol.Edit2: The new HD version is still processing Youtube appears to be a lot slower at the moment.

Cheers, Andy.