Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

-> To those who have FPS issues.

I'm really glad it works for some of you, and for those that haven't completely understood, you load the 747 in free flight, press fly now then once loaded you use the alt menu to swap to ngx. If you crash see if you have the Highmemfix thing in your CFG. Godspeed!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

i get more fps and a more smooth fsx by setting the autogen from normail to extremly dence.way i dont know but that works for me.
Depending on your computer setting autogen below some point will actually decrease fps, so normally one should first try the higher settings. It´s strange, but I get worse fps with autogen low than with very dense. @Blidariu: Well for me there was a slight boost in fps when selecting the 747 in free flight menu and then the NGX without loading the simulation. Will try the other method and see if that helps more.

I confirm : You have to load the 747 in the simulator for this trick to work -just loading the airac in menu doesn't cut it.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Tried this out a couple of times with the MD-11. With and without FPS limiter. Couldn't really see any changes in the FPS orFPS "behavior" though.

Preloaded 747: 26-31 (mouselag causing the difference)Directly 737 loaded: 28-34 (also because of mouselag) That is on LOWS Rwy34 Freeware Addon, nighttime, some clouds, nothing serious.

Thanks for the tip. Its has slowed the freezing problems to near zero and performance is nearly like the 744. Weird solution but it works!

Moses Velasquez

For those who can't get this to work - Would you mind trying it in an "FPS Hole" area like New York and Seattle or something, because I have noticed that directly loading into Frankfurt fives those 50 fps - right away.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

There must be something that all of you have in common for this to work. Are you all using the default AIRAC or the latest cycle? Would be interesting if one of you who's reporting an improvement could run a proper benchmark just to illustrate that this is not placebo. Really strange that it's apparently working for some and not for others. Hopefully PMDG will take notice soon and advise what's going on.

I am using AIRAC 0808, but I doubt this the issue. To those that have it working: What AIRAC cycle are you on?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

i dont own the 747X but i'd definately buy it if it means seeing some improvement from my usual 10-17fps

i get more fps and a more smooth fsx by setting the autogen from normail to extremly dence.way i dont know but that works for me.
As i mentioned in an earlier post, when researching the articles on FSX graphics set up, i read that reducing autogen can actually make your performance drop. Edit. MISSED POST# 33

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am using AIRAC 0808, but I doubt this the issue. To those that have it working: What AIRAC cycle are you on?
I have the AIRAC that came with the NGX.

This makes no sense, but hey if it works... So do you load up the complete plane or do you just load and then immediately change aircraft?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This makes no sense, but hey if it works... So do you load up the complete plane or do you just load and then immediately change aircraft?
load the 747 as if you would be flying it, then as soon as you are in the cockpit and the systems boot up, use the alt menu and switch.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

i dont own the 747X but i'd definately buy it if it means seeing some improvement from my usual 10-17fps
Haha perhaps this is a stoke of sales genius by PMDG!
I am using AIRAC 0808, but I doubt this the issue.
OK but it's as likely to be the reason as anything else at this point. Maybe you should all start posting more info about your setups, in terms of hardware and FS settings. There HAS to be a common factor that's causing this.