Sign in to follow this  
rp1

Some tiny things I've observed

First, let me congratulate the team on this work-of-art production in the shape of an FS addon. Simply fantastic! Still, there are some tiny glitches I'm quite certain you're aware of, I'd just like to list the ones in this thread I've found/experienced so far - note that I haven't completed a full flight yet, so more might follow. 1. The already reported sudden 'jerk' upon heading select (dedicated thread here)2. MTOW showing 79.2 kg in the FMS for the 738, according to the FCOM weights (provided those are modeled) it should read 70.5. It is showing the 739's max taxi weight.3. Can't arm LNAV on the ground although everything is set up accordingly (dedicated thread here) Ryan, please if you could add these to your issue tracking thread. Thanks, Robert Posch

Noises are correct here too. You've probably got your speakers set up incorrectly.

Can arm LNAV and sometimes VNAV too while pre-flighting. But LNAV always.

Thanks for the replies. I've already deleted the stick shaker sound issue, nothing wrong there, only my speakers are the other way around. For 2), altering the weight in the aircraft.cfg solves the issue, mine's now showing 70.5 (kgs) as MTOW in the FMS. @ Lukas: it was close but might have been more than 5°, I'll double check that and report back. Robert

2. MTOW showing 79.2 kg in the FMS for the 738, according to the FCOM weights (provided those are modeled) it should read 70.5. It is showing the 739's max taxi weight.
They modeled the weights that were in the technical documents they received, not the weights from the FCOM. The higher weight is correct.

First, let me congratulate the team on this work-of-art production in the shape of an FS addon. Simply fantastic! Still, there are some tiny glitches I'm quite certain you're aware of, I'd just like to list the ones in this thread I've found/experienced so far - note that I haven't completed a full flight yet, so more might follow. 1. The already reported sudden 'jerk' upon heading select (dedicated thread here)2. MTOW showing 79.2 kg in the FMS for the 738, according to the FCOM weights (provided those are modeled) it should read 70.5. It is showing the 739's max taxi weight.3. Can't arm LNAV on the ground although everything is set up accordingly (dedicated thread here) Ryan, please if you could add these to your issue tracking thread. Thanks, Robert Posch
Not sure about the other info you have commented on but i can comfirm that the L-NAV does arm on the ground.

They modeled the weights that were in the technical documents they received, not the weights from the FCOM. The higher weight is correct.
I'd like to hear something on this directly from them, this was pointed out by Nick in one of the AoA preview videos, too. Why would the 738 have exactly the same MTOW as the 739's max taxi weight? Robert

In all of my flights, I can successful arm the LNAV from the ground. Be sure you have setup correctly the FMC. Make the procedure right from the beginning to end. Read carefully the introduction PDF, LNAV has limitations of when will allow engagement from ground as the Real NG has...Back to Ground School...Themis KatakalosLGAV

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

I'd like to hear something on this directly from them
Here you go.
5) Others have answered this one for you, but the NGX weights are as per our tech documentation.
And here's information from Boeing. Weird, I know, and I'm not sure why the weights are so different in FCOM2, but the higher weight is correct. smile.pnghttp://www.boeing.co...pf_800tech.html