Sign in to follow this  
batera86

FSX crashes when loading the 737NGX - even with Hotfix applied

Hello captains! I was experiencing a FSX crash and I decided to wait for the hotfix that PMDG announced.Today I downloaded the hotfix and installed on my PC.But the same error is still happening to me... Here's the problem: The 737NGX installation was sucessful. The airplane appears normally in the main screen of FSX.I load the NGX, and when the panel appears at the screen, in 2 seconds FSX crashes and closes immediately.Windows shows the message: "FSX stopped working". I have Windows 7 64bit with Service Pack 1 installed.I have also installed Visual C++ Runtime 2005 and 2008 and all Windows Updates.Please friends, I need help... since last week I'm trying to fly this airplane! Is anybody having this issue too?Thanks in advance.

Hello captains! I was experiencing a FSX crash and I decided to wait for the hotfix that PMDG announced.Today I downloaded the hotfix and installed on my PC.But the same error is still happening to me... Here's the problem: The 737NGX installation was sucessful. The airplane appears normally in the main screen of FSX.I load the NGX, and when the panel appears at the screen, in 2 seconds FSX crashes and closes immediately.Windows shows the message: "FSX stopped working". I have Windows 7 64bit with Service Pack 1 installed.I have also installed Visual C++ Runtime 2005 and 2008 and all Windows Updates.Please friends, I need help... since last week I'm trying to fly this airplane! Is anybody having this issue too? Thanks in advance.
This is only my optinion, but surley its got to be your FSX installation.the NGX works fine on my system.There has got to be something conflicting with it.Maybe your Anti virus?? I know it sucks but maybe try a clean re-install of FSX, put the NGX on with nothing else and see if you get the same result..Sign your posts too..

Hello themose! Thanks for answering.I did what you said yesterday!I formatted my HD and did a fresh installation with nothing else (no anti-virus, no third-party programs...) - only FSX and NGX. I also tried to run FSX as Administrator and set all permissions to its folder, but no success... Do you have any more ideas?I appreciate your attention!

Have you tried rebooting FSX or refreshing the Cfg file. I know it's a serious pain in the a** but i had this problem before with another 3rd party aircraft and it turned out to be something completely different. I have been running the NGX with the HOTFIX all day backwards and forward from UK to Spain etc , using the fmc like crazy i just can not get it to crash..

Thanks for answering Steve Inwood.Actually, my FSX is not crashing... it's closing unexpectedly when I load the airplane.When the panel appears, FSX closes immediately... Any sugesstions?

Well... just after I installed Windows 7, I performed the FSX and NGX installation.So I didn't do any changes on Windows 7. I guess all Windows services are running background. Does it interfere the FSX behavior?Do I have to disable some of them?

Hi Thunderbird8!I just tried to rename my fsx.cfg file and run FSX.The error happened again... oh my god...sad.png

try to re-install DirectX.you should know which DirectX version (9.10 or 11) does your graphic card support.this should resolve your problem.good luck. by the way,this happened to me and i did what i told you above ;)

Try to disconnect joystick before start fsx. Load everything normally and connect joystick back. I have Logitech G940 and had the same problem. Working fine for me.

-----

Rafal Rybinski

i have the same problem and have tried ALL the above without any sucess It is definitly a DirectX installation problem (it say that the security certificate in one of my cabinet files is not valid!). I am using Windows XP32bit and have searched for an answer to this problem high and wide.......................anyone out there to help? Thanks Rory

Very important: You have to connect joystck back when NGX is loaded and standing on position. Second option: try to reset all Fsuipc options for joystick

-----

Rafal Rybinski

This was an issue I was having when I first installed the NGX. I did a clean install and everything was working fine. Today, I came home and tossed my yoke to the side of the desk and took care of some business. I wanted to fire up the NGX and play with the FMC a bit...and the issue came back. After banging my head against the desk for a bit, I saw that there was downward pressure being applied to my yoke. I straightened it out and viola...the NGX loads without any issues. I closed FSX, tried it again and sure enough, worked fine. Then I pushed on the yoke, fired up FSX one more time...and it crashed. Go figure. I saw this thread and what Rafgath posted and wanted to confirm what he says is the truth!

Hello captains, I'm back!My DirectX version is 11.I'll try to reinstall it and see if the issue still remains... I'm not sure but I think the issue I have is regarding a DLL called MSVCR90.DLLIt's part of Visual Runtime C++ but I have 2005 and 2008 installed on my system. Soon I'll post here if DirectX reinstallation solved the problem. Thank you.