No idea which is better although I can say that from what I have read on the OC forums, cooling is not as big a deal with the SB chips as it was when overclocking previous chip versions. Most aftermarket air coolers will do the job. You may want to consider the Hyper 212 (low price, good reviews). Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What's your budget and what level of cooling do you want? Good enough or best? The Hyper 212+ is good enough and at $30 or less it really can't be beat. I would recommend checking out the Prolimatech Megahalems as it can be found relatively cheap also and it provides great cooling performance. As far as high-end cooling goes, lots of us like the Corsair Hydro series. Corsair just released the H80 and H100, but they're pricey, so be sure to look at the H60 as well. Aside from its gargantuan size, you really can't go wrong with the Noctua NH-D14. It's well priced, it's quiet, and I don't believe any other cooler out there has definitively beat it.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus.
Yep, me too. A great cooler at an amazing price. Cools my i7950 from 3.05Ghz to 4.13Ghz . Keeps it at 78c under load. As Mark already said, the new Sandy Bridge chips run cooler than the i7s anyway, so to me it is a no brainer. wink.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

How about the Scythe Mugen II or III ? Relatively cheap, very good cooling and silent. But they´re really big, so be sure you have enough space.

The best air coolers out there right now are the Thermalright Silver Arrow and the Noctua NH-D14. If you can afford them that is what I would get. You will need to make sure that they will fit into your case and that your ram will fit under them before you buy one. In all reviews there is only a 1 to 3 degree difference in temps so get which ever one you like.

H60 for closed loop liquid cooling. I would say mine is performing better than the H70, don't want to brag but they say that the H60 and H70 are pretty similar but mine has the Scythe 110CFM fan and the stock corsair one so I would imagine that it is better.

Taking price into account, the Hyper 212 is fine. Got a deeper pocket, the NH-D14, got an even deeper pocket, the H100