Sign in to follow this  
master_benji2524

TCAS And Vatsim

Hey all, Just been flying LEPA to EGCC, And didnt see planes on the ND , even with TCAS on and filter being set to SHOW ALL. There was traffic because i had them visual out of the window and a friend of mine was right beside me i another plane about 400 feet above and a mile close to test if it was working, and it wasnt :S Any suggestions would be appriciated people! Ben M

Maybe Talk to the Vatsim client developers. They are the ones that will need to get with PMDG to get try to make things compatible.

Did you turn on TCAS on the panel below the radios, as well as clicking the TFC button on the autopilot panel?

Guest 747-fan

Works fine on VATSIM, here's I'm on the ground before a flight I did the other day out of Las Vegas:tcas.jpg Don't forget to set it up like Matt described. Also, I use FSInn, haven't tried out Squawkbox yet.

Guest 747-fan
Has anyone got the transponder to work alongside SB3 or Fsinn?
Well the transponder in FSInn works just fine, but I do have to select mode manually in the FSInn control panel. So no, I don't think they've added support for automatic transponder mode change. Perhaps they'll consider it? But that might mean a lot of programming, making calls to FSInn, Squawkbox 3 and IVAP depending on what's connected?

I run this on VATSIM with FSINN with no problems at all. Gotta click on the center of the map range knob to get the traffic to show as mentioned in an above post and, of course, the TCAS needs to turned on on the radio panel. You should see a blue TFC annunciated in the lower left hand corner of the ND if it is working correctly.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Thanks for replies guys ... i update FSUIPC And it worked. Installed the latest version, dont know why it didnt work for me before than though :S Cheers :D