Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

strange AI routing

Hi I am flying EGLL-ESSA and currently well over the North Sea between the UK and Denmark only to come across a Continental Airlines 757 en route EGBB-KEWR Isn't this rather a different direction that it should be travelling bearing in mind I am well East of East Anglia and that flight should be westbound I would have thought? John

Howd you know it was egbb-kewr? Anyway yeah that is odd but maybe there is a middle destination coded in the flightplan that doesn't show up

OfficialSignature-1.jpg

We need some big brainer here who can force Ai to fly airways in your vincinity , like AI smooth can put them in a hold and such, so it must be possible.

I'm guessing you knew it was EGBB-KEWR from the callsign / flight number - Continental 27 in real life (and with no no enroute stops). AI aircraft fly direct GPS routings AFAIK, so that means from EGBB heading roughly NW over N Wales and Ireland. There's no way it should be out over the North Sea. Just a guess but I wonder if you've got an old or inaccurate traffic file containing another CO27 (or whatever) departing somewhere else.

You can display the AI aircraft's current flight plan as a label if you like. Sometimes the "sectoring" of certain AI flight plans is incorrect, and you will see such errors occasionally. I have seen NYC-BOS flights flying on the west coast! Hope this helps,

AC#1,N250UP,50%,WEEK,IFR,1/02:19:55,1/08:17:59,330,F,6956,KSDF,1/10:14:53,1/18:28:18,330,F,6956,EDDK,2/02:34:20,2/13:19:06,370,F,6798,VHHH,2/15:49:13,2/17:16:35,370,F,6798,RPLC,2/19:44:14,2/21:11:36,350,F,6800,VHHH,3/01:39:51,3/06:46:14,350,F,6805,VABB,3/09:18:49,3/11:46:28,350,F,6806,OMDB,3/13:49:31,3/19:43:53,380,F,6807,EDDK,4/01:59:11,4/09:11:04,360,F,6704,KEWR,4/13:29:28,4/14:54:23,350,F,6704,KSDF,6/09:59:35,6/15:57:39,350,F,6995,PANC,6/19:29:18,0/02:42:25,350,F,6995,RKSI,0/05:49:27,0/08:25:43,350,F,6995,VHHH,0/10:59:32,0/20:32:56,330,F,6944,PANC is a typical multistop ai flightplan. AFAIK only the stopovers determine the route. Does FS have built in airways that are used between those stopovers and most direct are used? I know there are waypoints embedded in the world files.

Howd you know it was egbb-kewr? Anyway yeah that is odd but maybe there is a middle destination coded in the flightplan that doesn't show up
Go to FS9.cfg [AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=1 <<<<<<<< change from 0 to 1 you can see display when you are in flying visual label shows. Enjoy! ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000 Stuart

Back in the day, there was a stack of forum research about AI behaviour. The old project AI forums were the place to be for this sort of stuff.I think what you're seeing here is a glitch with the loading of AI. Sometimes, a fast refresh (like an FSrealtime time update) will make the traffic system load aircraft in the wrong place. Ive seen KLMs enroute from EHAM to the US east coast load up over China from this.Aircraft do not follow jet routes. They fly point to point. FSX gives us the ability to assign more complex flightplans through simconnect. FS9 has an sdk component (traffictoolbox) that lets you assign a flightplan for a specific aircraft in your range, but that is very limiting. I asked MS back in 2007 if they would release the libs for that dll so we could do cool stuff ourselves, but they said no.AISmooth uses FSUIPC controls to make aircraft fly holds. This is very fiddly for programming. Hmmm, right at the moment, I was just wondering whether i should trade my empty online VATSIM skies for crowded AI again. Maybe i should stick with it...Cheers and happy flying. Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Screwed AI routeings are due generally to errors within the flightplan. TTools causes such weird things when it compiles flawed flt plans. Once spotted a SCEL-KMIA over Lima, Peru, cruising north west. Wrong of course. I checked the flight plan (acft resgistration, day and time) and spotted an error indeed. Fixed the error, re-compiled, checked back in FS and the eroneous traffic was gone. Error in flight plans like wrong arrival-departure times on some legs.

I would check ai flight plans with the freeware AITM looking at the schedules. Either way it helps to use a front end for ttools.It does take a learning curve but its query utlities base on airport or aline or ? are very powerful. You need to get the base version and then apply an update to work with FS9. Follow the update instruction on where to put ttools2.exe. http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM/

Screwed AI routeings are due generally to errors within the flightplan. TTools causes such weird things when it compiles flawed flt plans. Once spotted a SCEL-KMIA over Lima, Peru, cruising north west. Wrong of course. I checked the flight plan (acft resgistration, day and time) and spotted an error indeed. Fixed the error, re-compiled, checked back in FS and the eroneous traffic was gone. Error in flight plans like wrong arrival-departure times on some legs.
Hello Arnaud,In real life, and for the past 30 years I have been flying that route (SCEL-KMIA) more than 5 times each year. Roughly three hours after departure the planes fly over Lima, Peru (SPIM) then they turn NNW and proceed to the Panama Canal area.Which errors did you find in the AI flightplans that supposedly were caused by Ttools? and how did you fixed them?I have created hundreds of AI flightplans, and most of the errors are detected by Ttools when you are compiling the flightplans. The only errors that I have found happen when the departure time and arrival time are incorrect and the distance between them cannot be flown by the aircraft selected at cruising speed. In those cases the plane will not show up, and every flight from that point on for that aircraft will not happen.When creating AI flightplans, you can only defined the departure and destination airports, the route is then computed by FS. I also have seen some AI aircraft flying in parts of the world that they should not be. I.E LAN Argentina B767 flying over EDDF displaying a SAEZ-KJFK as the route. I have seen Air Berlin 320's flying over the northern California coast. Regards YMH

Hi YMH,You're absolutely right, Lima is on the way from Santiago to Florida, I now recall it was the other way round: I spotted an SPIM-KMIA traffic over Santiago, Chile. Wrong of course.Surprisingly, it was also a LAN B767, so we must have been using the same flawed flight plans, because I remember that I had to correct some other B767 legs that were also wrong.How to fix that? Quite easy, you have to write down the REG of the faulty traffic, time and day, then edit the flightplan, and check all arrival/departure times. Sometime the error is not lying in the spooted leg, it's elsewhere in the week's plan. In my case, one of the leg of the week was departing before the inbound flight arrives, and that causes weird things. When compiling, TTools wont correct that, it will simply generate wrong traffic in FS. FS dont touch anything in the route either, it simply follows what TTools had compiled, i.e. that an aircraft should be in that specific sector, that day and at that time. AI world in fs9 is sectorized, and TTols simply computes each sector that a specific AI aircraft should cross in order to perform a specific leg. And it works pretty well, last time I followed an AI long haul traffic was an EGLL-WSSS speedbird B77W, and after an 12hrs flight time,, the traffic landed nicely in Singapore :) . FS9 is stunning. Hope this helps. I use AITM to edit flightplan and then write/correct within notepad. last detail, I dont use the fixed arrival times (@) in my flight plans, since it produces some other weird things.