Sign in to follow this  
JeanMi73

No probs with NGX. Alone?

I've only had 1 issue. Fatal error from KSFO-CYVR happened just before T/D from FL410 when I was fiddeling with the flight deck door switch. Other than that, smooth as glass for me!

I have had only 1 minor problem with the autobrake. The rest of the problems I have were just me simply not following proper procedure. All other FSX items that have cause CTD or other freezes occured prior to me installing the NGX. So I am good here.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I had a black screen issue, but since then this plane is amazing i was getting 30+ frames in every view except VC at cruise on a laptop!!!!

Hi,had a problem just once: after testing some of the failures (especially engine fire) it was impossible to switch of the damaged engine (neither fuel cutoff switches, nor fuel pumps off worked). But I'm not sure whether this is a bug or feature. Besides that just low FPS in VC...

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

Count me in on it. No problems here either. I fly VC/TrackIR only and don't have framerate or stability issues, even on longer flights (4h).I do use a lot of addon scenery, AES, ASE and REX, and FSUIPC. Correctly configured to work with the NGX, there is no reason to not use FSUIPC. The only quirks I've discovered so far are the parking brake/chocks interaction which may lead to brakes no longer working if applied in the wrong order, and the autobrake disengage after landing. Nothing that could not be worked around though. In my opinion most problems people are facing result from underpowered hardware, unmaintained OS/drivers and too intrusive antivirus/firewall or whatever protection software, combined with not following best practices and given procedures when installing and doing the setup.

Dave P. Woycek

The only problems i have are the minimums knob problem and jerky movement when engaging HDG mode.Apart from those, which do not have a big impact on my sim experience, İ really really love this plane.There is so much effort for creating this beatiful addon, and i appreciate those guys at pmdg for what they have done.Thank you very much PMDG

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

I am quite happy with the NGX which is completely fullfilling my expectations.I just had an initial issue with sound, but I fixed it. Other than that no issues at all. It is a lovely bird that flies much smoother than any other add on I have ever used on FSX. The graphics and the sound are excellent..! In my opinion it is the closest thing to reality ever done for PC flight simulation..Cheers..!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

One problem only with HGS and it will be solved soon by pmdg supportThx pmdg you started a new way for simulation

Also no problems so far (after 16 flights) I see several reason for so many posts here: 1. Yes, some people have problems with freezes and crashes. But those problems are extremly difficult to cover for PMDG, as they are in most cases related to the local config of a FSX installation.But IMHO the most important reasons are :2. Most people think, that they know what they are doing ("I know what I'm doing, because I'm a experienced simmer", "I'm used to fly complex aircraft", "in other aircrfat it works, why not here"......). This is the biggest mistake. Start from the scratch like a newbie that never ever has flown such a complex aircraft and you will be successfull. Same applies to "old" PMDG users. wink.png This also means, that you have to read that fu..ing manual! RTFM3. Many people are overstrained. They bought the most complex aircraft addon available and even don't know what RNAV means! Yes, I've seen many questions like "I've a problem with the NGX... and btw. what is RNAV" here and at other forums.

I resized the VC textures using DXTBMP and Photoshop (opening the 4096 sheets in DXTBMP, exporting the alpha, sending the bmp to photoshop to resize, saving as bmp, back to DXTBMP then importing the original alpha, which is resized then) as well as the 4096 sheets in texture.common and the odd livery (the PMDG 800 and the Air Berlin 800WL so far). That seriously improves loading times and I am having a real problem in trying to see any real difference... also, I have experienced a stutter on landing, which has been massively reduced by resizing the textures. Why did I go this way? I used Process Monitor and noticed that the a lot of textures seem to be reloaded just at the point in time I was about to touchdown. Given the size of the 16Mb sheets and the number, FSX was calling way over 100Mb in files at a critical point in time it seems (on my FSX setup anyway, I am not implying that anyone else is going to see this...) As it is, I am happy as a pie with the current state. Smooth and crisp VC, amazing system depth, fluid operation... Aside from the couple of issues already noted that the team is no doubt working on (jerking roll on HDG SEL and so on), this is the best commercial aviation simulation I have ever experienced. It is graphically better then the MD11X, which I still love anyway, it is on another planet in comparison with an optically high quality Airbus out there, as it is on a par at least with it, if not better, but in terms of system depth there is no competition... I would go so far as to say that the experience in the NGX can only be surpassed by a full motion simulator, oh, or the real thing... :) PMDG has raised the bar again. Your NGX in conjunction with OrbX, Fly Tampa, FSDT, and so on is quite simply FS Heaven! Anyone reading this who hasn't purchased yet with a system that runs FSX decently? Get onto the website and buy it... now... Andrew