Sign in to follow this  
henri5

crash on start

The program was working all right, but I interrupted a flight by pressing reset when the autopilot said it could not follow the plan. Now even when I restart FSX, it doesn't matter where I start from: the plane appears, it is going up at a high angle and immediately tumbles head over heels and crashes. I choose and airport at random, and tell FSX I want to start there, but no deal. How can I get back to a normal start on a runway stopped and level? At one point I pressed the save button on the FMC while making a flight plan thiinking I was saving the flight plan, that could be it or not... Henri

Henri Arsenault

Should I reinstal NGX? If so do I just reinstall on top of the existing one, or do I have to do an uninstall and oteher things first? I used the installer to "repair" NGX, but it still doesn't work. Among other things, it does not recognize my joystick (other planes do).

Henri Arsenault

Should I reinstal NGX? If so do I just reinstall on top of the existing one, or do I have to do an uninstall and oteher things first? I used the installer to "repair" NGX, but it still doesn't work. Among other things, it does not recognize my joystick (other planes do).
Hi HenriThis is a bit difficult. In my opinion I would re install NGX and yes when you do a re-install always un - install the earlier version. Also ensure you have downloaded the newest version of the install from PMDG.If that doesn't help you might to give us a bit more info on the problem. Also then delete any saved things in the system like the flight plan or a flight Hope this helps and will cure the problem

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

I MAY have solved the problem after uninstalling and reinstalling NGX. When I loaded the 800, it bounced around a bit and settled, but will all screens black and engines off. In addition the graphics were all screwed and all the grass was light blue. Same grphics problem when I loaded default aircraft. So I played around with the scenery command of FSX, disabled some and so on, and nothing worked. I have Ultimate scenery and one that replaced the default autogen with improved ones. Eventually I set all the scenery on again I restarted FSX and lo and behold, the graphics were OK, but the NGX still was cold and dark, and had a tendancy to change to slew mode when I did certain things. So I loaded the panel setup of the tutorial, and that started the engines and the panels. I decided to try a go-around from CYQB I programmed the sart and ending airports, byt apparently I did something wrong, because I had to hand fly the course. The plane hd a tendancy to want to fly straight up or straight down whenever I took my eyes off the front to adjust something, but I finally managed to get it under control and to program in the runway frequency and course, I flew in by hand like a wounded chicken, too fast and too high, and too far off the runway course, came onto the runway at a 30 degree angle and finally managed to hit the side of the runway halfway up the runway, and managed to srtop 50 feet from the end with my brakes at 0.9 temperature. The passenger cabin was full of vomit... Fortified by this success, I deicided to check if the tutorial would work correctly, so I used to checklist prepared by a kind member of this forum whose name I have forgotten. I followed the checklis religiously and took off, and a bit of panic hit when the autopilot would not come on when I pressed the button. But it worked when I pressed the second AP button, so I was probably too low, and it worked when I shifted back to the first AP. The rest of the flight went as advertised, except on final approach when the horn would not stop beeping, until with horror I realized that I had once more forgotten to put the wheels down, being too pre-occupied with managing the speed brake. The plane landed on autoland 3 without problem, I pressed the reverse button "3"and I had made sure to press the numlock button beforehand. The plane came to a stop and I turned off to the airport. Now I have to check if everything will work when I start FSX again. My observation is that the problem seems to be with the program that comes on when I load an NGX plane. This file may have been corrupted when I did a reset in the middle of a flight where the problem started. Is there a config file or something that I can delete so the NGX planes will load normally? Henri

Henri Arsenault

I MAY have solved the problem after uninstalling and reinstalling NGX. When I loaded the 800, it bounced around a bit and settled, but will all screens black and engines off. In addition the graphics were all screwed and all the grass was light blue. Same grphics problem when I loaded default aircraft. So I played around with the scenery command of FSX, disabled some and so on, and nothing worked. I have Ultimate scenery and one that replaced the default autogen with improved ones. Eventually I set all the scenery on again I restarted FSX and lo and behold, the graphics were OK, but the NGX still was cold and dark, and had a tendancy to change to slew mode when I did certain things. So I loaded the panel setup of the tutorial, and that started the engines and the panels. I decided to try a go-around from CYQB I programmed the sart and ending airports, byt apparently I did something wrong, because I had to hand fly the course. The plane hd a tendancy to want to fly straight up or straight down whenever I took my eyes off the front to adjust something, but I finally managed to get it under control and to program in the runway frequency and course, I flew in by hand like a wounded chicken, too fast and too high, and too far off the runway course, came onto the runway at a 30 degree angle and finally managed to hit the side of the runway halfway up the runway, and managed to srtop 50 feet from the end with my brakes at 0.9 temperature. The passenger cabin was full of vomit... Fortified by this success, I deicided to check if the tutorial would work correctly, so I used to checklist prepared by a kind member of this forum whose name I have forgotten. I followed the checklis religiously and took off, and a bit of panic hit when the autopilot would not come on when I pressed the button. But it worked when I pressed the second AP button, so I was probably too low, and it worked when I shifted back to the first AP. The rest of the flight went as advertised, except on final approach when the horn would not stop beeping, until with horror I realized that I had once more forgotten to put the wheels down, being too pre-occupied with managing the speed brake. The plane landed on autoland 3 without problem, I pressed the reverse button "3"and I had made sure to press the numlock button beforehand. The plane came to a stop and I turned off to the airport. Now I have to check if everything will work when I start FSX again. My observation is that the problem seems to be with the program that comes on when I load an NGX plane. This file may have been corrupted when I did a reset in the middle of a flight where the problem started. Is there a config file or something that I can delete so the NGX planes will load normally? Henri
Good for you. Hope for the best and enjoy

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

I wish I had known this yesterday. Iam putting it here for completeness in case someone else has the same problem, This completely solved my problem, and loads the plane ready to go with the engine running.Thanks to the guy who posted it in another thread. The original startup can be restored by going to Microsoft Games/FSX/PMDG/PMDG737NGX/737NGX_Option, and erasing the line under PANELS. Better to comment it out by putting "//" in front of the line in case you make a mistake or want to put it back or modify it. Henri

Henri Arsenault