Sign in to follow this  
alvin

I can't silence NAV2 morse code

Hey! Before I submit a ticket, I want to make sure I don't do something wrong here. Every now and then NAV2 ILS or VOR station wakes and starts to give me its morse code. It happens even without my turning any knobs. And I can't silence it! I tried turning receiver switches (FCOM2 5.10.6), filter switch, and actually anything that looks likee it could work - with no success. The only I thing I can do to silence the morse signal is switching NAV2 to a station that is not detectable at present position.Am I doing something wrong here? thanks a lot for any hint!Jakub

Hey! Before I submit a ticket, I want to make sure I don't do something wrong here. Every now and then NAV2 ILS or VOR station wakes and starts to give me its morse code. It happens even without my turning any knobs. And I can't silence it! I tried turning receiver switches (FCOM2 5.10.6), filter switch, and actually anything that looks likee it could work - with no success. The only I thing I can do to silence the morse signal is switching NAV2 to a station that is not detectable at present position.Am I doing something wrong here? thanks a lot for any hint!Jakub
Try pressing Q twice to reset FSX's sound system !! Fred.

I have the exact same issue, it drives me crazy. I'll try the Q key.. Thanks for the tip.Stefan

Stefan Ticusan

Hi Jakub, sometimes I also get weird sounds due other fsx addons during flight. Fred's suggestion is correct. Press the Q key to reset FSX sounds... It should work. If not, then submit a ticket.

I too was getting the same annoying morse code. It just happened random on a start up - after about 15 start ps. What was the morse code you get? I was getting --- --- --- -.. Which is O O O D (this makes no sense), despite changing all the NAV and radio frequenies the code remained the same. I shut off all the radio identifiers and finally it went away. There is one identifier that is on. It is hard to see.

Paul Gugliotta

Thanks guys for the 'Q' suggestion, I'll try that during my next flight!

I too was getting the same annoying morse code. It just happened random on a start up - after about 15 start ps. What was the morse code you get? I was getting --- --- --- -.. Which is O O O D (this makes no sense), despite changing all the NAV and radio frequenies the code remained the same. I shut off all the radio identifiers and finally it went away. There is one identifier that is on. It is hard to see.
That's interesting! I would bet it was not OOOD (this one is quite characteristic), but a different one, and that it was a different code at different airports - which isn't surprising, given different VORs, but maybe it was my own self-suggestion. Or maybe it is FSX trying to tell us something? :) Oyou Oneed Omoore Dsleep? cheers,Jakub

I have experienced this nuisance sound occasionally, but it was because I hit a key combo by accident that is linked to the Nav1 or nav2 ident sound.I think it was ctrl-1 or 2, and I have a similar keystroke assigned to one of my addon programs that was conflicting. Try going into FSX key commands and erasing the VOR 1 and VOR 2 Ident key commands, so that you don't turn them on by mistake.

I have experienced this nuisance sound occasionally, but it was because I hit a key combo by accident that is linked to the Nav1 or nav2 ident sound.I think it was ctrl-1 or 2, and I have a similar keystroke assigned to one of my addon programs that was conflicting. Try going into FSX key commands and erasing the VOR 1 and VOR 2 Ident key commands, so that you don't turn them on by mistake.
I too had the same problem, It turned out that when I was configuring my EZdok cameras, I had setup various camera shortcuts to Ctrl+1, 2, 3, 4 etc... Not realising these key commands were also setup for VOR, MKR, DME & ADF idents. It has been driving me crazy but thanks to the above this is now solved. Thank you biggrin.png

This issue remains with me too. Even when i've turned off the nav idents, the morse code remains in the cockipt.I've hit Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 combos, then the fsx started to play two morse codes at same time,like one by fsx itself and other by ngx. Very annoying and weird indeed.

Had this problem a while back. It was caused by ezdok, but the above method didn't fix it. To sort the problem, I had to remove ezdok, create a new fsx.cfg, reinstall exdok, then start a new flight making sure all ident switches were set to off before saving this as the default flight.

Thanks guys for the 'Q' suggestion, I'll try that during my next flight! That's interesting! I would bet it was not OOOD (this one is quite characteristic), but a different one, and that it was a different code at different airports - which isn't surprising, given different VORs, but maybe it was my own self-suggestion. Or maybe it is FSX trying to tell us something? :) Oyou Oneed Omoore Dsleep? cheers,Jakub
Or maybe its a subliminal time-travelling psychic message from Doctor Who :( Trent H

ctrl-4 does it for me....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Had this problem a while back. It was caused by ezdok, but the above method didn't fix it. To sort the problem, I had to remove ezdok, create a new fsx.cfg, reinstall exdok, then start a new flight making sure all ident switches were set to off before saving this as the default flight.
I'll try this. Thanks dude.