Sign in to follow this  

Jim, Is there a way to copy and paste your settings directly into an ASE file? I can't find a cfg or init file. I'm tyring to give ASE one more chance as the frequent anomaly between what ASE is reporting and what is depicted in the sim is to frustrating. I'll set up an approach only to find the depicted winds 180 degrees off. I'm using DWC which works well except the destination winds rarely matches what FSX is depicting. Thanks. Bob.. :)

Hi, In: Application Data\HiFi\ASE\Options Are the two .cfg files for options.

Jim, the specific problem I'm having using DWC is the ATIS reports from FSX. As soon as I can hear ATIS (50 to 80 miles out) the wind report is erroneous. As an example FSX ATIS for PHL reports at 60 miles out winds 285 at 27. That is not the ground level winds as ASE is showing 305 at 3. The actual winds at the airport (after landing) are 305 at 3. I don't understand why this is a consistent feature (bug?) of ASE DWC. I do not get the anomaly with the 'Normal' option checked, however, that option creates unacceptable stuttering. Refreshing AI makes no difference. BTW this has occurred across two computers and 3 or 4 FSX installations. I am running ASE on a client via simconnect. Thanks. Bob.. :)

In DWC mode the ATIS is going to report winds at the plane's location and altitude because DWC is a global weather mode. It is better to generate and process a flightplan to get your weather conditions at your destination or use the Flightwatch option in ASE.

One final question. When using DWC is there a way to have AI respect the actual airport winds? There are times when I find AI landing with 15 - 20 knot tail winds? Thanks. Bob.. :)

Hi, After FSX is started and loaded into a flight be sure to use the Refresh AI icon in ASE. Note that any planes already on final will continue their landings.

In DWC mode the ATIS is going to report winds at the plane's location and altitude because DWC is a global weather mode. It is better to generate and process a flightplan to get your weather conditions at your destination or use the Flightwatch option in ASE.
Hi Jim, You said ..."or use the Flightwatch option in ASE"Where can I find exactly that option ?Many thanks in advance for your explanations. Regards Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

You should have a flight plan processed, you have the option On in ASE, you tune a COMM radio to 122.00 or 122.05, you have speakers hooked up to the computer that has ASE installed on it. There is NO way to send sound from a client to a server! The option is on the General Tab.

OK Jim ... founded and thanks for your informations. Have a nice day Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

Also, to add a nice feature(s) of Xgauge.You can get departure and arrival data in text form during your flight ... Works great. XgaughWx.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW