Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

what fps increase should i expect.

Iam going upgrade from a AMD6400+ BE with 4gb of pc6400 to a i5 2500+ with 4gb of pc16000 on a msi motherboard. The upgrade comes as a bundle already OC to 4.5ghz. But I am going to have to keep my BFG9800gtx+ for now. What sort FPS jump should I expect using the same settings?Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,Im new too but there is such a thing as 'Overkill' meaning there is a point at which FS9 or FSX will be maxed out and anything extra is needless. As far a frame rates if your getting 20+ thats great, now if you wish to go deeper on the subject , there will be someone around shortly. Berne

Hello Mark you should be fine for now till you upgrade your video card hopefully I can upgrade mine next month expect frame to be around 19, 20, to 30 and with a high quality airport and a advance plane other places default and stuff higher then that but remember you have to reasonable with your settings for example water can kill frame rates if set too high with add-ons so you might have to tweak your settings around.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi Mark,Im new too but there is such a thing as 'Overkill' meaning there is a point at which FS9 or FSX will be maxed out and anything extra is needless. As far a frame rates if your getting 20+ thats great, now if you wish to go deeper on the subject , there will be someone around shortly. Berne
No, no, and thrice no. He%20He.gif As you have probably figured out, FSX is CPU bound. Any 2nd gen i7 will blow the socks off of any current AMD. With "today's" hardware, 20 is beginning to be more of an "unacceptable" number.
Iam going upgrade from a AMD6400+ BE with 4gb of pc6400 to a i5 2500+ with 4gb of pc16000 on a msi motherboard. The upgrade comes as a bundle already OC to 4.5ghz. But I am going to have to keep my BFG9800gtx+ for now. What sort FPS jump should I expect using the same settings? Thanks Mark
"Quick and dirty", you can expect quite the performance increase. You'll be very happy relatively speaking. Obviously FSX really shines with overclocking, but with that chip that won't be an option.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

you will get good fps in default terrain but if you will use addons like ORBX,GEX or UTX, then frames may drop to 13-14 FPS. In reference to following settings:Everything maxed in scenery except autogen density slider to dense or very dense depending upon the situation and water effects slider to mid 2.x. ( no ground shadows, it's buggy)15-20 % Airline traffic and 3% road vehicles and ships & ferries, Airport vehicle density to minimum.Max the graphics section, no dx10, no lens flare and no lightbloom, use AA and AF using Nvidia control panel, stick to your screen resolution.Aircraft : Ultra highWeather : Ultra high