Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Amsterdam to Innsbruck

The Eham tutorial was well written, and taught me a few thnings, that smart-a that I am I actually had missed. I used nDac to get the Innsbruck plates and the precision approaches into that airport make my hands sweat just to look at it. There will be hard lessons in slow speed descent on a steep glideslope with mountains beneath to make you cling to the seat. The charts demand special planes and specially qualified pilots - we have the special plane, but in my case the pilot is doubtful. I hope that the tutorial is soon available.

+ 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I'd like to see the tutorial too, but we can always plug in the flight plan and go see how we do. Whew.gif

The Eham tutorial was well written, and taught me a few thnings, that smart-a that I am I actually had missed. I used nDac to get the Innsbruck plates and the precision approaches into that airport make my hands sweat just to look at it. There will be hard lessons in slow speed descent on a steep glideslope with mountains beneath to make you cling to the seat. The charts demand special planes and specially qualified pilots - we have the special plane, but in my case the pilot is doubtful. I hope that the tutorial is soon available.
The Innsbruck (LOWI) is one of the challenging approaches I've done... Since NGX has the terrain radar, remember to turn it on during approach!

It's not "radar" - it's "EGPWS"... pet peeve of ours sorry. I'm going to work on the Second Tutorial after we're done solving the primary issues with the 800/900 at support.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I flew Vienna to Innsbruck yesterday approaching 26 circling to land on 08....if you manage your speed well, which forutnately I did, she was a pleasure to fly to the runway...Of course I haven't ready enough of the manual to get the runway display on the HGS and stuff, but I did use it for managing descent, spd etc. With EZDok and TrackIR, the approach was a pleasure to fly into. Route used: SITNI4C UL856 BAGSI Y703 RTT and used the VOR DME East and Visual approach charts...LNAV/VNAV to the approach and then APP and finally switched to hand flying!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

It's not "radar" - it's "EGPWS"... pet peeve of ours sorry. I'm going to work on the Second Tutorial after we're done solving the primary issues with the 800/900 at support.
Hi Ryan! Thank you for the clarification... Thanks a lot for helping us out with any issues on NGX... PMDG had done a great job... The best payware aircraft I've ever purchased!

I shot that approach to 26 the other day. The LOC East app to 26 is in the box(FMC). Use the RTT transition. Select terrain on your display.Have your co-pilot set up for the APP with LOC tuned while you fly LNAV/VNAV in map mode. Now you have a calculated VPATH to hit your DME altitudes while your CO backs you up with his NAV display in APP mode. Plan to cross RTT at 9500 no faster than 180kts. After RTT configure and slow to approach speed. At OEV D18.2 you will catch the glide path. As you start down, dial in your missed approach altitude. The descent is about 1000ft per minute depending on your weight. Once you are visual use the HUGS to pick up a normal glide path. If you go missed,TO/GA, configure and follow the missed approach course that the box has loaded for you. That should work until the tutorial is complete. This is a fun approach when done at mins.