Sign in to follow this  
tcas_climb

Place Bearing Place Bearing

Hi guys, trying to enter a custom waypoint, specifically place bearing place bearing, (ORW082/PVD263) but it keeps telling me NOT IN DATA BASE, the other ones like PBD etc work fine, can anyone else confirm this please?

I have the same problem. I also can't make a "along-track" waypoint for example AD/15 or AD/-15, making a waypoint 15 miles past or before AD along the route.

Hi again I confirm Place Bearing/Place Bearing and "Along track" do es not work in FMC PMDG 737NGX Test 1: PB/PB Airport: GCXO (Tenerife Norte Los Rodeos) Fligt Plan: GCXO -> GCLP (Gran Canaria) Departure: RW30 TESEL GANTA BV142/HR101 DRANO Not in data base: BV142/HR101 (In the FIX key in FMC BV and HR it's ok in database) BV142/HR101 works on PMDG 737 / 747 for FS9 Test 2: Airport: GCXO (Tenerife Norte Los Rodeos) Fligt Plan: GCXO -> GCGM (La Gomera) Departure: RW30 TESEL TESEL/+10 TFS TFS277/24 N2802.3W01708.4 Not in data base: TESEL/+10 Observe: ok for FMS legs entry TFS277/24 and N2802.3W01708.4 Chart: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758636#ancla324LA GOMERA - GCGM -> ARR/DEP - RW09/27 - Carta de aérea de rutas de llegadas/salidas - OACI Josep

Along track waypoints work in the NGX. Have a look at FCOM1, SP11.8. If you follow that procedure, you can enter a along track waypoint. The automatic positioning, however, didn't not seem to work. With regard to the PB/PB-waypoint, I haven't given that a try yet.

Marc ter Heide

Along track waypoints work in the NGX. Have a look at FCOM1, SP11.8. If you follow that procedure, you can enter a along track waypoint. The automatic positioning, however, didn't not seem to work.
I have tried over and over and read instructions from FCOM 1 & 2 over and over and they do not work for me, it's always invalid, I also cannot ever add a mach speed restriction as it says in the FCOM2. When I want to go direct it doesn't give me a abeam waypoint option when I take a short cut as said in the FCOM and there is some other things no matter how hard I try I can't get them to function.Are you able to take a pic or explain exactly how you make a along track waypoint, it is a simple thing to do but it never works for me.

I have no screenshots, but I'll try to explain it (hopefully my English is good enough for that ;) ). I've build the following route:DEP RWY: KLAX 24LSID: LOOP6 Route: DAG LAS J146 GLD J192 PWE IRK STAR: MOTIF3 (IRK transition)ARR RWY: KMDW 13C via DPA One of the points on the MOTIF3 arrival is PIA. I want to be at 17.000 feet 20 NM after PIA. I create the along track waypoint in the following manner: - Go to LEGS on the FMC- On page 3 of 6 PIA is the 5th waypoint- press the Line Select Key on the left of PIA- PIA will appear on the scratchpad- type /20- on the scratchpad there will be PIA/20 According to the FCOM, I could press the Line Select Key on the left of PIA again now, and this along track waypoint would get in the right position automatically. I've tried that but it didn't work (it would have worked if I tried to enter a along track waypoint 20 NM before PIA). Therefore I go to page 4 of 6 with PIA/20 still on the scratchpad. Now I press the Line Select Key to the left of MOTIF. The waypoint is now added to the route as PIA01. I enter the altitude restriction. I just have to press Exec now and all is done.

Marc ter Heide

Thanks voske, I have done just as you have described on my flights but with different waypoints and it never worked. I will keep trying again with different waypoints on my following flights.

Ok I tried a Along-Track waypoint again in the fashion you explained voske and this time it worked.... My fault it seems I was manually entering the name of the waypoint rather than using the line select key to put the waypoint in the scratch pad first then add the "/xx" to it. I was manually typing "XXXX//xx" (waypoing/distance). Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Ok, thanks for explanations about Along-Track waypoint. Return to original problem: => Place Bearing/Palace Bearing not work in FMC of PMDG 737 NGX.

Ok I tried a Along-Track waypoint again in the fashion you explained voske and this time it worked.... My fault it seems I was manually entering the name of the waypoint rather than using the line select key to put the waypoint in the scratch pad first then add the "/xx" to it. I was manually typing "XXXX//xx" (waypoing/distance). Thank you for clearing that up for me.
This is important! I was losing my mind trying to figure out why I wasn't able to manually add Along-Track Place-Bearing/Distance waypoints . I was manually typing the waypoint names in the scratch pad and getting the "invalid" error. Finally figured it out that you have to use the line select key to place the waypoint name into the scratch pad then manually type out the parameters.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Fixed for next SP gents. Thank you.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================