Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Correct trimming on take off and landing?

Hi,I have some trimming issues at take off and landing and want to ask if this is normal. 1) Takeoff.With a derated take off and almost immediately after leaving the ground the FD horizontal bar lowers and it needs a lot of down trim to keep the aircraft following the FD. Is so much trim normal at that phase? 2) On finals.Upon disengaging A/P at about 500 ft from touchdown (just to handfly her in tha final phase for more fun) the aircraft has the dendency to go suddenly nose up and needs fast trim down so as not to overshoot the threshold. Also normal? Thanks,Christos

Hi,I have some trimming issues at take off and landing and want to ask if this is normal. 1) Takeoff.With a derated take off and almost immediately after leaving the ground the FD horizontal bar lowers and it needs a lot of down trim to keep the aircraft following the FD. Is so much trim normal at that phase? 2) On finals.Upon disengaging A/P at about 500 ft from touchdown (just to handfly her in tha final phase for more fun) the aircraft has the dendency to go suddenly nose up and needs fast trim down so as not to overshoot the threshold. Also normal? Thanks,Christos
It would be better if you had a video so we could correctly see what you mean. Mine doesn't do that personally. Sometimes I just get in and fly without setting up anything and the aircraft stays pretty much trimmed as I climb, and it only requires minor trim adjustments. As for the landing, mine doesn't pitch up or down unless I add or reduce thrust (which nick from aoa explained that is realistic because the engines are mounted underneath the wings). It is not violent either, it's just more immediate than, say, the default 737 when you add or remove thrust.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero