Sign in to follow this  
sunxuyang

anyone can explain this?

i think if the pitch is in Alt hld mode, the A/T should be in MCP SPD but why does this pic show a different thing? thanks

Looking at that PFD image makes me cringe. Not a lot of margin there.

Looking at that PFD image makes me cringe. Not a lot of margin there.
Why? It's called coffin corner and not that unusual. FRED

How do you suppose it got that name Fred? It is just fine as long as it is smooth and you don't loose one of the donkeys. I like a little more margin when at cruise. Especially these days with RVSM and dead-accurate GPS navigation. Not to mention all the radiation and O-zone you suck up when that high. I rarely like going above 370. Personal preference I guess.

is it possible that the pilot deselected the "speed" on the MCP ? this is the only explantion
He has disconnected the auto throttle and then at some point armed it again ready. Why however I have no idea.

Guest tonyf38

At the moment that this photo was taken, pilot controlling throttles manually, no biggie..

i suppose he is experiecning turb that's why he selected Alt HLD and deselected the SPD using manual throttles

Why? It's called coffin corner and not that unusual. FRED
Lol. Yeah no biggie. Let's go take a stroll through "no man's land", too. Disregard the name, though. ;) Death Alley, yeah I go there all the time. I love speeding around "Dead Man's Curve" down by the river. These doing anything for anybody?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

What is really impressive is I didn't realize until I stared at it for a while that that was NOT PMDG in the image.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Or he's just set a given N1 for cruise....kinda like some other aircraft out there without fancy auto-throttles!