Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Stopping brakes failing / sticking..?

You won't need the Reverse Thrust if you land at Vref as the Auto-Brake slows the aircraft well within the landing Runway envelope.I've not had the occasion to use the R/T once as I let the A/B do all the work for me.
The point of reverse thrust is to take some load of the brakes, the autobrake system deaccelerates at a set rate (depending on the setting you choose), so if you apply some reverse the brakes don't have to work so hard.

The point of reverse thrust is to take some load of the brakes, the autobrake system deaccelerates at a set rate (depending on the setting you choose), so if you apply some reverse the brakes don't have to work so hard.
Agreed, but because I am at the correct Vref upon landing, the Auto-Brakes besides doing the job for me,thus save my brakes life as they are not getting hot,and the much more importantly,the engines life is prolonged,or that is what I was given to understand,in R/L,so this being just a simulation, even if this particular aircraft is as real as it gets,it really makes little or no difference. Each to his own, I reckon.

OK, I am having the same problem. This only happens with the new 737NGX. The brakes seem to be always ON as the red brake light is always ON in the FSX window in RED. The . (period" key doesn't work and assigning brakes to another key doesn;'t work. I have the latest FSUIPC - but assigned the brakes in FSX as said in the manuals. So during taxing - I have no brakes with any key or by my CH products USB rudder predals. The brakes work fine on every other plane in FSX. I can't fingure why in the NGX the brakes are always ON yet do not work.

Paul Gugliotta

OK, I am having the same problem. This only happens with the new 737NGX. The brakes seem to be always ON as the red brake light is always ON in the FSX window in RED. The . (period" key doesn't work and assigning brakes to another key doesn;'t work. I have the latest FSUIPC - but assigned the brakes in FSX as said in the manuals. So during taxing - I have no brakes with any key or by my CH products USB rudder predals. The brakes work fine on every other plane in FSX. I can't fingure why in the NGX the brakes are always ON yet do not work.
I have the saitek rudder pedals and my brakes were always on until i ticked the reverse box in the controls page. Then the brakes worked fine on the rudder pedals after that. worked for me but might not be your problem.ruderpedals.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

The information that seems to be missing, from figuring out if your Rudder Pedal brakes could be "Sticking" with standard LINEAR "0-100%" Brake Pedal Calibration, is :- "At what brake appication amount (say on a scale 0 to 100 ), does the PMDG Brake simulation start applying the minimum of braking." ? ie How much FREE TRAVEL is simulated in the Brake Pedals before braking starts.?

I thought it was something with my k/board but as all of you are experiencing the same thing +1

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hey there ThunderBird, simple solution to this prolem if you are using some sort of rudder pedals is to simply press both brake pedals ALL the way down. This should de-activate the auto-braking and let you slow down as intended. I hope it works. Keep me updated!

This is the only issue I am having with the NGX. (No freezes, no low fps, nothing) Everything else is fine. It's happening every landing now. Usually stowing REVs and then applying footbrake deactivates AB. I don't know why there should be any difference here.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I am also experiencing the sticking brakes problem... all the time.

Once pushback is complete, I begin my taxi to the active and the plane rolls freely. If I hit my brakes while taxiing, they won't fully release unless I engage and then disengage the parking brake. For example, if I am doing 20 knots on a long taxiway and then slow to 10 knots to make a turn, or, if I am asked to line up and wait at the runway, the brakes remain applied until I toggle the parking brake on and then off. Once I do that, my 737 rolls freely until the next time it hit the brakes at which point I have to toggle the parking brake again.

I have tried taxiing with autobrakes in RTO and OFF and it doesn't make a difference. I have the new Logitech/Saitech pro flight yoke/peddles combo. I've toyed with the controller settings (recalibrate, added/changed/removed the dead zone, etc.). The brakes do apply properly and slow the aircraft, they just won't release without a toggle of the parking brake. I can see the red word "Brakes" on the lower left of the screen when I press the peddles and the word "Brakes" goes away when I release them, so FSX thinks the brake peddles are released. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Using registered FSUIPC?

If yes, make sure to calibrate it to include a null zone in the proper place. It seems that, in basic FSX/P3D, when you "reverse' the axis, as many pedals require (where the top end of the axis is brakes off, while the bottom end is brakes on), you also reverse where the null zone setting is applied (essentially, the null zone is applied at the end of your pedal travel instead of the beginning where it should). Because of this, I use a registered version of FSUIPC to add a null zone at the beginning of my pedal travel to negate any weird effects like the ones you're seeing.

If not, you may want to consider it, or some other program that can process the axis' inputs before they get to the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Using registered FSUIPC?

I do not use FSUIPC. I'll give it a try if you think it will help.  I'll let you know how I make out.

If not, you may want to consider it, or some other program that can process the axis' inputs before they get to the sim.

I purchased, installed, and configured FSUIPC. All is right with the world again.

Thanks scandinavian13 +1

I purchased, installed, and configured FSUIPC. All is right with the world again.

Thanks scandinavian13 +1

Welcome. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers