Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

User doesn't like engines- but has no data or experience to back it up... (not a bug... just a wasted gripe)

It seems no one is understanding what I mean. I said after 50% N1 acceleration and establishing is OK and very realistic. But that should already start after 30% N1. When the pilots in the video put the throttle levers to 40% N1, that didn't give it a boost.Until 30% N1, the engines accelerated really slowly, just like in the NGX. But then suddenly at 30%, boom! Fast acceleration and immediate establishing at 40% N1, while the NGX's engines continue to accelerate really slowly and don't want to establish, no matter what the outside air tempature is.Arjen Vandervelde

OK I think I'm on the same page as you now. After testing, you might be on to something after all as it does appear to take a very, very long time for the engines to spool from ground idle to 40% N1 stable. It's obvious that PMDG had a hard time overcoming FSX limitations with regards to the engine modelling, so this is probably as accurate as it's going to get. It may just as easily be exactly the right duration of course, I don't know. Other than that, it may be hardware related as I know I've encountered several problems due to FSUIPC so far.

I know that because I've been on the 737 many times, in the front, so I could hear it.
Lol. Sorry. Do what now?
Apart from the S-turns at cruise after a sudden change in wind direction...
I'm sure that you're aware(with your extreme taste for detail) that there is a workaround to this!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I was talking about the 747 there. i'm talking about the N1 percentages before TO/GA. On the 747X the engines just don't want to establish. Way different on the real plane. On the 737NG it's 40% N1 before TO/GA. Now put it in, and it takes very long for the engines to reach 40.0% N1 and fully establish. From about 50% N1 and higher, the dynamics have been very well simulated. Fast acceleration, fast establishing. But this fast acceleration should already start after about 30-35% N1. Then you guys can say that I'm wrong, just because of a Youtube video. But let me tell you this, I have pilot in my family, for KLM, my uncle. I asked him and he said I was right.all GE engines are very stable and accelerate really fast after a certain percentage of N1. In the 737 it's 30%. in the 747 it's 50%, same for the 777.That's just been simulated wrong.And you can say that real pilot tested the NGX, yes that's true. But maybe they didn't care about that detail, or maybe they thought it wasn't that important. Arjen Vandervelde
I have a friend of my brother's wife, who happens to be my step mother's sister's niece who told me just the opposite. But hey what does she know considering she is in the know.

One flight on a Transavia 737-800 is hardly what I call an adequate sample size. Trevor
ONE flight in the cockpit, and another 10 flight of KLM and Transavia in the cabin.I'm still waiting for Ryan to read this and reply.

ONE flight in the cockpit, and another 10 flight of KLM and Transavia in the cabin. I'm still waiting for Ryan to read this and reply.
I've tried but still can't manage to see the N1 readout from the cabin. Those darn cockpit doors!Trevor

You also have ears to notice such things, don't you?

Ryanair now have over 300 737NG's and I have flown at least 20 of those. They all sound different !! Frederic.

And you can say that real pilot tested the NGX, yes that's true. But maybe they didn't care about that detail, or maybe they thought it wasn't that important. That's the only assumption I see here and it's a pretty big one. I'm sorry but no one will take you seriously from hearsay - please provide concrete evidence when you make such claims. Evidence does not need opinions. I'm not saying you're right or wrong but if you are making a claim it is in your court to provide such..

Why don't you just ignore the imperfection you percieve... and just enjoy the product like everyone else? At the end of the day, it's not going to ruin your enjoyment of the product one iota. Martin Wilby

I'm not a 737NG, so I can't provide you the evidence ;) You can see it with your own eyes in ALL 737NG videos on the EICAS (when that's been recorded)After a guy called "clum", took a look at my opinion and tested it, he now also agrees with me.I'm enjoying the product a lot! I love it. I've about 10 succesful flights already. But this is the only small detail I don't like. Perhaps PMDG is aware of it, but can't recreate due to the limitations of FSX. That's what I would like to know...It seems you guys just don't want to admit that it's not perfect! Something can't be totally perfect nowadays. If PMDG would change the N1 percentage where after the engines start to accelerate and establish really fast to a lower N1 level (if they can), then the product would have another pefect detail!

I'm not a 737NG, so I can't provide you the evidence ;)You can see it with your own eyes in ALL 737NG videos on the EICAS (when that's been recorded)After a guy called "clum", took a look at my opinion and tested it, he now also agrees with me. I'm enjoying the product a lot! I love it. I've about 10 succesful flights already. But this is the only small detail I don't like. Perhaps PMDG is aware of it, but can't recreate due to the limitations of FSX. That's what I would like to know... It seems you guys just don't want to admit that it's not perfect! Something can't be totally perfect nowadays. If PMDG would change the N1 percentage where after the engines start to accelerate and establish really fast to a lower N1 level (if they can), then the product would have another pefect detail!
PMDG support June 11th !! " To the best that we can given the limitation of the FSX engine model - it's well known that it doesn't accelerate as fast as the real life ones do.Nothing can really be done here past a certain point, this is part of what makes a jet engine a jet engine in FSX. " Frederic.

I don't mind admitting that the product is not perfect. This is only irritating because it has the potential to distract the developers from addressing people's legitimate concerns, like CTDs. I'm fortunate enough to have a smoothly running NGX and couldn't be happier -- even despite the Youtube video. Yay, PMDG!!!!!!!!! Trevor