Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Request: Baro minimums input acceleration

It can take a long time to set the barometric minimums when flying into high-altitude airports (especially if you want to be fastidious and set the minimums on both the captain and FO displays). Would it be possible to implement some kind of input acceleration when setting this - faster response to the mouse scroll wheel, for example, or a higher rate of change when the left/right mouse buttons are held down? / Tom Risager

I would also like to see this. Takes a long time to set when landing at higher elevation airports, as you mentioned.

Already noticed this problem on the MD-11. I too would love to improve this.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I use Logitech Performance MX mouse, and I can push a button to remove the thing that stops the wheel while you rotate it (to make it rotate more freely) and when I do, it's 0 to 1000 in less than a second I just roll the wheel once on the light switches, and it goes max, and without touching the wheel again, I move the pointer to the next light switch, and it goes past 50%. When I rotate on any of the mcp dials, I actually have to stop the spinning mouse wheel in order not to pass my intended setting. Very good mouse. When I release the stop, I can scroll like 4 pages of PDF in one spin.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Also, I've noticed that when setting a key command for the CA BARO Minimums, it only changes the First Officer's side...And maybe just like you can sync the Captains and First Officers altimeters, maybe being able to sync the minimums as well?