Sign in to follow this  
Bubi42

nHancer or Nvidia Inspector?

I asked this question in the PMDG NGX forum but didn't get a response - so I thought I'd ask here.... Ages ago, I set up FSX graphics with the aid of Nick Needham's guide using nHancer.Now I'm reading a lot of recommendations by Ryan (at PMDG) and others who talk about setting FSX graphics up with Nvidia Inspector....So, which is better or can/should they both be run together?Thanks for any guidance!Toni.

Inspector has superseded NHancer now as the preferred tool. I think NHancer is discontinued, Inspector is way better now for going forward so I recommend.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

don't mean to hijack this thread.. but I have to ask.. this is very confusing to me.. ok, so I have the 470 and I'm just getting ready to install the new drivers for it.. so then to change settings, I don't even go to the default nvidia control panel just to the inspector ... and when I click on apply - is that it all the time, even when I reboot?

Ciao!

Once you set up inspector, you are good to go. The settings are saved in a profile and are used whenever you start FSX.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Guest firehawk44

I don't use either and get absolutely stunning graphics in FSX. I use the default Nvidia profile for FSX set up by Nvidia techs. I'm concerned these programs (nHancer and Inspector) are placing even more stress on computer systems and creating more graphics issues. I did try the Nvidia Inspector and set it up per recommendations of the thread at PMDG and saw little or no improvements so I uninstalled it. I was hoping it would improve antialiasing in FSX. Of course, if it did fix antialiasing, I'm sure Nvidia would pick up on it and put the fix in their next drivers. That's my two-cents.... Best regards,Jim

Once you set up inspector, you are good to go. The settings are saved in a profile and are used whenever you start FSX.
...just to be sure, where exactly should nvidia inspector reside and how can I ensure it executes each time I start FSX? Is a batch file needed or is it fully 'automatic'? Toni.

You can put NI anywhere on your PC, just make sure that all the files included in the version that you download are moved to where you want it to run from and all files included in the download have to be in the same folder that you want to run it from. Once you set up NI for FSX and hit apply FSX will start with those settings automatically everytime you start FSX.

works like a charm for me.. I have a 470 and I just update to the 280 drivers.. and I get no shimmering whatsoever.. very crispy!!

Ciao!

... I have the 580 and have done the same. Toni:- I keep the Nvidia driver source files in "E:\Nvidia\Drivers\280.26"... 280.26 is the latest; each version has it's own folder, and I keep the last six versions.When I've downloaded the new driver file, I open up the Control Panel and uninstall the old Nvidia products, then reboot the machine into Safe Mode. In Safe Mode I run "Driver Sweeper", from:http://phyxion.net/ , selecting all Nvidia components.Once that's done I reboot to normal mode, go to the E:\Nvidia\Drivers\ folder, then to the latest download (which is an .exe file) and double-click it. I choose "Custom Install" as I don't want any 3D or audio "stuff" added to the pc, and then I let it install to it's default folder - "C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\280.26.A reboot follows, and then I launch Inspector (ignoring the Nvidia control panel completely), and setup the FSX as per Ryan or Nick's configuration. These settings will stick, and will be used whenever you launch FSX, but I may play with the settings from time-to-time, but generally that's the process. OK? smile.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

There is something to consider also Toni, and it's very straightforward, if you want to run the latest drivers, or even the last three, ( can't remember since when) then you will have to use Inspector anway, as the latest drvers do not run in Nhancer. As was said earlier in the thread, I'm unsure whether they have continued with Nhancer anyway. Also, Jim, is there any chance you could post the settings you're using for your video card.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I recently u/g to a 460 GTX win7-64 i7-860 8GB Fsx/accel Dell WS 24 1900x1200 and used Inspector with Ryan's settings. I still have some shimmering when in motion and always have jagged edges on taxiway and runway lines. Most planes have jagged lines on wings and vertical stabilizer. The PMDG paint has all the large 800 numbers on the edges of the vertical stabilizer glowing with dancing dots.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I was hoping it would improve antialiasing in FSX. Of course, if it did fix antialiasing, I'm sure Nvidia would pick up on it and put the fix in their next drivers. That's my two-cents....
Jim, it does not "fix" antialiasing, but provides additional options over and above what the standard panel offers..as I'm sure you know. I happen to like the 8XSQ mode, and yes it puts additional strain on my system, but my GTX460 video card can handleit just fine..

Bert

Guest firehawk44
I recently u/g to a 460 GTX win7-64 i7-860 8GB Fsx/accel Dell WS 24 1900x1200 and used Inspector with Ryan's settings. I still have some shimmering when in motion and always have jagged edges on taxiway and runway lines. Most planes have jagged lines on wings and vertical stabilizer. The PMDG paint has all the large 800 numbers on the edges of the vertical stabilizer glowing with dancing dots. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ray
Sounds like you have DX10 Preview turned on. DX10 does not work well in all cases in FSX. Best regards,Jim

Sounds like you have DX10 Preview turned on. DX10 does not work well in all cases in FSX. Best regards,Jim
Nope. It has to be something other than DX10. The box is not checked. Thanks. Any other suggestions? Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .