Sign in to follow this  
Bubi42

nHancer or Nvidia Inspector?

Guest firehawk44
Nope. It has to be something other than DX10. The box is not checked. Thanks. Any other suggestions? Ray
Look at your Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias in the Inspector settings. In the Nvidia display driver settings, 'Allow' is the default. You want to change that to Clamp. This setting sharpens the stationary images but introduces aliasing when the scene is in motion. If it is already set to Clamp, change it back to Allow. Clamp also reduces some shimmering. Best regards,Jim

Is Inspector supported for the 7600 GT. I tried to install it once, but can't get it to work at all. It's been a while, but generally I recall everything on the Inspector interface was grayed out.

Kevin Young

Look at your Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias in the Inspector settings. In the Nvidia display driver settings, 'Allow' is the default. You want to change that to Clamp. This setting sharpens the stationary images but introduces aliasing when the scene is in motion. If it is already set to Clamp, change it back to Allow. Clamp also reduces some shimmering. Best regards,Jim
Thanks Jim for taking the time to work on these settings with me. I was set on clamp and changed to Allow. Take a look at these screenshots. The red circled areas are alive and dancing.Insp_1.jpgInsp_2.jpgCrawlingyellowlines.jpgCrawlinglines.jpgclamp.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest firehawk44
Thanks Jim for taking the time to work on these settings with me. I was set on clamp and changed to Allow. Take a look at these screenshots. The red circled areas are alive and dancing.
I think what's going on is the fact you have your settings in Inspector way too high and that is causing FSX to be slow in rendering certain objects, especially objects in the distance and that causes the appearance of shimmering, etc. The more requirements you throw on FSX, the worst it's going to get. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I do not use Inspector but use the default settings in the Nvidia display drivers (I did change LOD to Clamp but that's it). I have not increased AA or AF or any other setting and I get clear shimmer free, blurry free graphics. Ryan over at PMDG came up with a great guide for Inspector but, what works in one system may or may not work in others. Perhaps you should try disabling Inspector and then load the display driver settings programmed by Nvidia for FSX and see if the issues are reduced or gone. In addition, I'm not sure what AF Base you have shown in the pictures but is it the default or is it an addon? That could be the issue too as some addon scenery was developed for FS2K4 and will usually work in FSX but not completely since a new format is used, especially in textures. To me, your pictures look blurry or hazed over and not crisp. Glad to help as much as I can. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44

Raymar - Here are my FSX graphics settings as you requested. As I stated, my Nvidia settings are set to the default for FSX (look under the Programs Tab in the Nvidia driver settings) except I clamped the LOD. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
As I stated, my Nvidia settings are set to the default for FSX (look under the Programs Tab in the Nvidia driver settings) except I clamped the LOD.
Correction - my display settings are the default except I do have 8x multisampling and LOD is set at Allow. My apologies.... Best regards,Jim

I recently u/g to a 460 GTX win7-64 i7-860 8GB Fsx/accel Dell WS 24 1900x1200 and used Inspector with Ryan's settings. I still have some shimmering when in motion and always have jagged edges on taxiway and runway lines. Most planes have jagged lines on wings and vertical stabilizer. The PMDG paint has all the large 800 numbers on the edges of the vertical stabilizer glowing with dancing dots.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Ray
Hello Ray, I have same problems like you. First of all, I would split shimmering problems between scenery/aircraft textures shimmering, which you would fix by adding mipmaps to those textures and scenery object shimmering (in particular thin objects like fences, apron lamp lights, taxiway light plots...).The problem is quite difficult to fix without losing fps, especially in VC view. I have tried in these last days lots of settings but when I fix the shimmering problem, I get a huge impact on fps.This morning I tried this config, I would suggest to try:- Antialiasing mode: override application etc...- AA setting & transparency: 8xS + 2x sparse grid supersampling- AF: application controlled- Negative LOD: clamp;- Texture filtering: High quality- in FSX set AA unticked and Anisotropic filter.Before that I used 8xS + 4x supersampling but shimmering objects were very annoying and damaging my eyes.Now, with the above config I have a pretty good improvement about shimmering (the best solution is to use 4x sparse grid supersampling, but it costs so much in fps) and performance. There is a fps loss but not so important like previous.
I think what's going on is the fact you have your settings in Inspector way too high and that is causing FSX to be slow in rendering certain objects, especially objects in the distance and that causes the appearance of shimmering, etc. The more requirements you throw on FSX, the worst it's going to get. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I do not use Inspector but use the default settings in the Nvidia display drivers (I did change LOD to Clamp but that's it). I have not increased AA or AF or any other setting and I get clear shimmer free, blurry free graphics. Ryan over at PMDG came up with a great guide for Inspector but, what works in one system may or may not work in others. Perhaps you should try disabling Inspector and then load the display driver settings programmed by Nvidia for FSX and see if the issues are reduced or gone. In addition, I'm not sure what AF Base you have shown in the pictures but is it the default or is it an addon? That could be the issue too as some addon scenery was developed for FS2K4 and will usually work in FSX but not completely since a new format is used, especially in textures. To me, your pictures look blurry or hazed over and not crisp. Glad to help as much as I can.Best regards,Jim
Hey Jim, I will try your settings, aborting Inspector. Anyway, I see you have a very great VGA and autogen only NORMAL, so probably these two factors give you great visual effect and no performance hit, I think.Could you post some screenshots about your configuration in the nVidia control panel?Thanks. bye.

Guest firehawk44
Hey Jim, I will try your settings, aborting Inspector. Anyway, I see you have a very great VGA and autogen only NORMAL, so probably these two factors give you great visual effect and no performance hit, I think.Could you post some screenshots about your configuration in the nVidia control panel?Thanks. bye.
My settings are simple in the Nvidia Control Panel. They are set at the default or the settings provided by Nvidia for the FSX program under the program settings tab.Best regards,Jim