Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

Weird Performance Increase after deleting fsx.cfg

I was getting some variability up as high as 20% on the frame rate counter that created nasty stutters especially when taxiing, turning on the ground in the VC view that seemed worse after I was mucking around with a tree autogen setting in my fsx.cfg trying to tweak (which was dumb because this was a nice cfg from the ******* tweaking tool from a while back) anyways, after seeing more blurries suddenly, and jerkiness I deleted fsx.cfg... reran FSX to rebuild the fsx.cfg, then remembered *******' previously backed up and fixed, fsx.cfg and overwrote the new one again with that and.... pow! the NG was flying better with very little FR changes, unlocked within FSX itself and NO LIMITER...... graphics were sharper, frame rate steadier, higher and again, without the limiter running outside of FSX, less blurry (cuz on my machine the limiter makes some blurries sneak in) Also, I'm running at higher scenery density, some AI traffic again ...and it all looks better.... hmm, is that normal ? reruning your FSX.cfg from time to time is as good as a new install of FS? Also, does anyone else feel it still runs better without the external limiter running we all love, I now feel it may be running the way it was designed to and runs bettter without it?

I was getting some variability up as high as 20% on the frame rate counter that created nasty stutters especially when taxiing, turning on the ground in the VC view that seemed worse after I was mucking around with a tree autogen setting in my fsx.cfg trying to tweak (which was dumb because this was a nice cfg from the ******* tweaking tool from a while back) anyways, after seeing more blurries suddenly, and jerkiness I deleted fsx.cfg... reran FSX to rebuild the fsx.cfg, then remembered *******' previously backed up and fixed, fsx.cfg and overwrote the new one again with that and.... pow! the NG was flying better with very little FR changes, unlocked within FSX itself and NO LIMITER...... graphics were sharper, frame rate steadier, higher and again, without the limiter running outside of FSX, less blurry (cuz on my machine the limiter makes some blurries sneak in) Also, I'm running at higher scenery density, some AI traffic again ...and it all looks better.... hmm, is that normal ? reruning your FSX.cfg from time to time is as good as a new install of FS? Also, does anyone else feel it still runs better without the external limiter running we all love, I now feel it may be running the way it was designed to and runs bettter without it?
Hi Peter! You ask if anyone feel it still runs better without an external limiter. I can only speak for myself and I could not even leave the ground at ORBX KBFI with antilag. After removing the dll from FSX root I had my flightsimulator back:) Maybe some other limiter works better? BrgdsPatrik Soderberg.