Sign in to follow this  
caspian.merlin

Situation after the hotfix

After installing the hotfix, I noticed this problem - I'm assuming it's a side-effect of the hotfix simply because that is the only variable that changed. I could be wrong, but I'd like to see if other people are getting this problem - and if anybody knows how to sort it out! Quite simply, when using Squawkbox, if I press a button that is already a keyboard assignment for something in FSX (for example, Shift + E for a capital E, or G), despite the focus being on the Squawkbox window, it doesn't input into Squawkbox, but instead sends the command to FSX. For example, when I'm inputting my flight plan into SB, when I write 'EGSS', it doesn't write the 'G', but instead moves the gear lever. The same when I'm typing in UNICOM. This doesn't happen when the focus is outside of FSX / SB, for example I can write what I want to write in Notepad, then paste it in. Anybody else having this problem?

I saw exactly the same symptom with FSInn's text box after installing the hotfix. Focus on the text box, type a "g" and down goes the gear. Since I wasn't getting freezes (the only one I'd had was my own faut) I only installed the hotfix because of the "it won't hurt" recommendation, I've now completely deinstalled and reinstaled the NGX without the hotfix and everything is normal again. I had thought it may have been something to do with my pre-fix setup since nobody else has mentioned this effect so I was going to install the fix again, I won't now!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

No probs with that, but still suffering from the freeze.Are there other people who are still suffering the freeze even after installing the hotfix ?Pieter-Jan

Same issue for me using FSInn.I'm glad to hear someone noticed why it didn't work. I saw my gear lever in the up position while on ground which was odd and unable to use letter 'g' in chat box but couldn't add the two together. 1+1 can be hard sometimes :D

Just installed hotfix this evening and completed a YWLM-YMML route. Ive experienced no issues at all for my specs below ive been getting unlimited frames in 2D and 15-28FPS in VC...If anything FPS has slowed a tad since Hotfix but.Thanks Rob the patch worked like a treat but not that i had any issues in the first instance. Ive had a great run so far with Acceptance in KBFI and a 15 hr ferry to Australia there have been no major issues! a real pleasure to fly she is!...id nearly give up my day job!...not quite but nearlyJust Kidding.gif

Did a flight last night from CYOW to CYYT after installing the hot fix and I did not get the dreaded panel freezes. Will do another flight today and see what happens. Couple things I have noticed since installing the hotfix:1. FPS does not seem to be quite as good as before the hotfix;2. ActiveSky Evolution Direct Weather Control can't be used because aircraft does not follow the LNAV profile properly, so I switch to standard. However, whenever ActiveSky Evolution updates, I get this flickering at the top 1/5 of my screen that I do not recall seeing before hand.3. Patiently waiting for the Paint Kit. Praying.gif

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Good to know I'm not the only one! I'm sure they'll adjust it now for the next patch :DI also installed it just for the 'it won't hurt' recommendation - I was getting a kind of freeze before, but not the kind of freeze reported.

Quite simply, when using Squawkbox, if I press a button that is already a keyboard assignment for something in FSX (for example, Shift + E for a capital E, or G)
Just one point to add Caspian, the same occurs with lower case g as well, tisn't just capitals. Unfortunately I was in such a hurry to find a workaround that I didn't document enough info to submit a ticket and have of course now done a full reinstall without the hotfix so can't recreate it to get all that info. Has anyone bunged in a ticket on this and got a response?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

i can add that my G button and SB got a little confused as above. im not sure why, its the only time it has happened. i applied the hotfix, but im seeming to get more freezes (that do come unstuck after 30 seconds) and still getting the CTD from time to time. perhaps i need a full reinstall??? still love it though.

CXA001.... agreed the FPS after hot fix has slowed a little but not too much for my system.... I've backed off a few settings and it's going finely!.... I've got Rex on max with Orbx Aus with all scenery updates..... The only time I've had issues is with Sydney Yssy with corruption issues and thats even with J41 there.... Sydney has always been a bug bar for me inFsxBut loving NGX!

Just one point to add Caspian, the same occurs with lower case g as well, tisn't just capitals. Unfortunately I was in such a hurry to find a workaround that I didn't document enough info to submit a ticket and have of course now done a full reinstall without the hotfix so can't recreate it to get all that info. Has anyone bunged in a ticket on this and got a response?
I did mean lowercase 'g', I just phrased it clumsily LOL.gif Yep I put in a ticket a couple of hours ago, so still awaiting a response. Cheers,

I'm still having the panel freeze, but it was too late to submit a coherent ticket. I'll be doing that tonight.I only get an hour or two of game time a night so this is tough for me, however I can't stop playing with it so ok.And it works great until the freeze so it's not all lost time.I don't know if it matters but because of kids I have to hit pause and use time compression alot.

ALL MY LIVERIES GONEWhistle.gifanyway not a big problem they could be installed again.

I applied the hot fix to help with the many CTD (737ngx.dll) i get while accessing the FSX menus, and so far so good. I don't know if that was the intention but after a short flight no problems.