Sign in to follow this  
Wynthorpe

Massive drop in frames

Ok this happened last night and right now, im in the cruise locked solid at 30 frames and i prees my key to look at the overhead (EZDOK) and then press my key to come back to PIC seat and then my frames drop to 1FPS, this remains like this until i go into options and change any setting in the display settings, then my frames go back to locked at 30FPS. Addons REX2.0ASEEZDOKAES.

Id like to bring this up again - I still get random massive FPS drops down to 2fps or less, and ive done a complete format and reinstall, this only happens with the NGX, it seems to be when something changes in the FMC or a VOR is tuned.

I don't think the problem is in NGX as thousands of NGX owners DON'T have that problem. I myself have NO drops of fps so... maybe you have another program causing the drop. What the proglem is? Don't know but it's not NGX.

I was getting massive drops (short transitional ones) at times but then tracked it down to ASE. I turned the Standard to DWC and the drops vanished. The suggestion was that standard weather uses SimConnect differently and every time the new weather was injected it took a massive hit.

ASE is already running in DWC mode, I'm 100% positive its something the ngx is doing in the background.I've tried running the ngx with no addons and does the same, its always when you change something or flick a switch on the ngx.These drops last for a couple of mins at a time, then go back to locked at 30 where it should be.

Some of us have noticed that the display of VOR track lines can cause a reduction in FPS when a VOR is tuned. Try turning that option off in the FMC PMDG options and see if your performance returns. I do also notice a drop in FPS during certain types of weather while using ASE. Switching the weather to a generic theme like fair or clear can be used to test if it is your weather causing the drop.

Chris Hicks

I'll try the vor option JW thanks, but changing weather to clear doesn't make a difference, ill get a video to show.

There is at least one other thread, possibly more, where users have reported huge fps drops when tuning VOR's. I never had this problem myself, but others said it happened when the option was enabled to display VOR radials on the navigation display. Apparently, disabling this feature has helped some people, as did tuning the nav radios to blank frequencies. It might be worth trying one or both of these to see if VOR's are the cause. Also, what version are you using? I am running with hotfix 3 via the latest full installer, and enabling radials via the FMC options does not cause me any performance issues. Of course, I have no idea if any of the hotfixes dealt with this issue.Edit: The Joker beat me to it. Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

PD

An issue related to FMC position checking that could cause extremely low FPS in rare situations was fixed today - could be that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm using the most up to date version via installer too, ill give these suggestions a try after work tomorrow, I seem to be able to recreate easily coming out of 23 at KBUF (flytampa).Ryan, that sounds promising, is that going to be a part of a hot fix I take it?

Found something interesting regarding this issue: I have a very clean FSX (No AI, no rex, hex, gex, weatherengines or whatever, just the 737NGX (have not found out what other add-ons to go for)). APU was running, engines started, and I was about to do a test flight. Forgot in a moment of distraction to turn engine GEN 1 and 2 on, before iturned off the APU. My FPS dropped solid and was 0.6 at its lowest!!!! Tried to connect and disconnect generators over and over, did not help. Had to restart FSX to make it work. Have no idea what caused it..

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

"I dont have that problem must be YOUR computer"
LOL.gif That one has made me slam my head into my yoke a few times too.

Chris Hicks

Found something interesting regarding this issue: I have a very clean FSX (No AI, no rex, hex, gex, weatherengines or whatever, just the 737NGX (have not found out what other add-ons to go for)). APU was running, engines started, and I was about to do a test flight. Forgot in a moment of distraction to turn engine GEN 1 and 2 on, before iturned off the APU. My FPS dropped solid and was 0.6 at its lowest!!!! Tried to connect and disconnect generators over and over, did not help. Had to restart FSX to make it work. Have no idea what caused it..
That's part of the same bug we fixed - it kills the GPSes for a second and causes the position weirdness.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well i just flew KBUF to KTPA and exactly the same happens every time, as soon as off the ground frames drop to 1-2fps (from 30) and stay that way for around 2 mins and then suddenly come back up to 30fps. I cant figure it out.