Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, First post so here goes. Looking to build an ultra-high performance FSX machine as my Dell XPS 15 doesn't quite cut it, although does surprisingly not too bad. Here are the specs I'm looking to build. i7-2600K (to be OCd)Corsair H100 Extreme Liquid CoolingCorsair Graphite 600T Limited Edition WhiteAsus P8Z68-V Pro 1155 MoboCorsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL8 Low voltage Ram2x eVGA nVidia GTX 570 Superclocked SLICorsair Force Series 3 120GB SATA 6GB/s SSD (OS/FSX)WD 600GB Sata 6GB/s VRapOCZ ZX Series 1000W '80 Plus Gold' Modular PSU3D 24" LED 1080p Monitor (Samsung or LG)Nvidia 3D kitSome form of Blu-ray disk player Also: on my laptop I am having an issue with Bojote's external FPS limiter. I get an error when it tries to run FSX.exe when running the .bat, but running FSX.exe directly, FSX starts fine. Error code 0xc0000005Thanks all

Edited by DiannaAgron

FSX does not support SLI or Crossfire. But other games do.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Look here at #4 for solution of the Limiter
Followed that to the letter, still getting FSX.exe error.
FSX does not support SLI or Crossfire. But other games do.
I need the SLI for other unrelated software usage. Ignore the SLI.

Can you post the complete error message or better, a screenshot?

Here you go.

Here you go.
And the contents of the batch file itself please?

Maybe this could be of help, but please do not download the repair tool I do not know what it is. The reference is just for information, talks about reg , malware / spyware / virus and stuff. http://www.0xc0000005.com/ http://windows-exe-e...ode-0xc0000005/ Hope it helps. WARNING WARNING DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THE LINKS PROVIDED ABOVE THEY ARE MEANT ONLY FOR INFO.

Hmmmm, sort of a general error. Could be anything. Java up to date? Have you updated the laptop with the latest .NET 4.0 and 3.5 framework?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

start C:\"FSX\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\FSX\fsx.exe

And Windows update shows no updates available. Java is fully up to date.

start C:\"FSX\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\FSX\fsx.exe 

And Windows update shows no updates available. Java is fully up to date.

On the link a user has a similar problem and has solved it. It's somewhere near the bottom of the post. http://nzff.org/foru...showtopic=15131 Could you move your fsx.cfg and then let fsx rebuild it.

Ahhh haha thankyou very very much! im Not Worthy.gif Fixed

Ahhh haha thankyou very very much! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Fixed
smile.png Oh cool and what was the problem ? If you could post it , it may be helpful to other members. Happy Flying.

Problem was my java (which was up to date) must've been corrupt because a Java reinstall fixed it. However, I now have a new problem. Because this is a laptop, it has integrated Intel HD Graphics and also has a nvidia GT525M graphics. How can I get FSX to use my GT525 instead of Intel Integrated?

Problem was my java (which was up to date) must've been corrupt because a Java reinstall fixed it. However, I now have a new problem. Because this is a laptop, it has integrated Intel HD Graphics and also has a nvidia GT525M graphics. How can I get FSX to use my GT525 instead of Intel Integrated?
There are two GFX cards in your system on a laptop ? It would be better if you could disable it from the BIOS. Do both cards show up in the device manager ?