Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, Optimus recognises FSX and uses GT525M only if I run FSX.exe directly. If I run the.bat from the limiter, it doesnt recognise it. My .bat contains this
start C:\"FSX\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Without the limiter at UK2000 Heathrow Extreme with Aerosoft Airbus X VC I get 16-20FPS. In flight with REX, GEX & UTX in Airbus X VS I get a steady and fairly smooth 26FPS. My problem is when I hit the airports. It's pretty stuttery at EGLL but in flight its smooth as silk with the very occasional stutter

The FPS looks ok with the addons. Also would depend on the slider position in the display setting. What Dazz meant in the previous post was , when you run the fps limiter it defaults to the Integrated card , but when your system sees that your application requires high intensity graphics support it kicks in the 525m. Something like the Intel Speedstep, when on idle or not on heavy stuff the CPU keeps a low speed but kicks in high speed clock for high end application. Suggest just check when you start fsx using the FPS limiter and once in a flight goto Options/Display and see what card it has picked up. Check FPS on both the fsx.exe and the FPS limiter. This is the first time I have heard about the Optimus technology.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Started a flight. Went into graphic settings. Still says Intel.

Started a flight. Went into graphic settings. Still says Intel.
Ok, but how is the FPS that is important.

Terrible. Just in default Seattle-Tacoma with Default ultralight fps is <12. With stock fsx.exe I get 25-30 & really smooth with NGX VC

Terrible. Just in default Seattle-Tacoma with Default ultralight fps is <12. With stock fsx.exe I get 25-30 & really smooth with NGX VC
Ooh that bad. Why don't you use the stock fsx as it's giving you better frames till some one can come up with something for the fps limiter.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. Just had a quick one from LOWW-EGLL in a BAW A320 Airbus X. Thats how I got the FPS. FlyTampa LOWW and UK2000 EGLL Extreme

That's what I'm doing at the moment. Just had a quick one from LOWW-EGLL in a BAW A320 Airbus X. Thats how I got the FPS. FlyTampa LOWW and UK2000 EGLL Extreme
If your display sliders are all maxed out would advise you to lower them a bit , especially the water keep it at mid . Also the ground traffic is a FPS drinker it gulps it down. make autogen Dense, should give a boost. I have the Aerosoft London X I pull at around 15-20 (not max settings) but my rig is not on the higher end anyway. Mobile graphics really do not cut it.

Global max texture res is maxed.IFR Traffic is 100%. Rest of traffic is 0.

Global max texture res is maxed.IFR Traffic is 100%. Rest of traffic is 0.
Did you make the changes now ?

All I changed was lower Water from High 1x to Mid 1x.

All I changed was lower Water from High 1x to Mid 1x.
Ok and what FPS are you getting ? Even the Special effects and the LOD is a sumo.

A shot in the dark, but might be worth a try: set the Windows energy profile to High Performance but you'd probably be better off leaving it alone and trying this one instead: limiter

I'm not looking to setup dual monitors as I already know how to do this. I'm having troubles getting FPS Limiter 0.2 to run FSX.exe using the nVidia GT525M instead Intel Integrated Dazz, tried your suggestion. Still no go. Tried loading into a flight on high performance plan and its still Intel. Oh well. I guess I can just wait till I get this beast of a machine and stick with stock FSX.exe on this machine

Edited by DiannaAgron

I'm not looking to setup dual monitors as I already know how to do this. I'm having troubles getting FPS Limiter 0.2 to run FSX.exe using the nVidia GT525M instead Intel Integrated Dazz, tried your suggestion. Still no go. Tried loading into a flight on high performance plan and its still Intel. Oh well. I guess I can just wait till I get this beast of a machine and stick with stock FSX.exe on this machine
Just stick to the stock fsx.exe if you have no performance issues.