Sign in to follow this  

No performance issues in flight. Just when approaching and landing at mega detailed airports where the frames drop and stuttering starts. Other than that its all good. Its not bad to the extent of impossible. Its still fairly smooth to land and taxi, just not as smooth as it could be.

No performance issues in flight. Just when approaching and landing at mega detailed airports where the frames drop and stuttering starts. Other than that its all good. Its not bad to the extent of impossible. Its still fairly smooth to land and taxi, just not as smooth as it could be.
A possibility on getting low fps at mega details airport. Did you try the alternative FPS limiter which I have posted earlier and recently posted by dazz.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

did you try the other limiter Dianna? (antilag)although I'm not sure any FPS limiter will help you at demanding airports. It usually helps reduce stutters when frames are good but jumpy, at altitude and stuff

Gave it a trip in my new NGX. Wow that bird is amazing. Same results. 25-30 cruising, about 12-18 on ground which considering the complexity of this bird, I'm surprised with. I think the default fsx.exe is just as good as with that alternative FPS limiter so there's no point having it really

Gave it a trip in my new NGX. Wow that bird is amazing. Same results. 25-30 cruising, about 12-18 on ground which considering the complexity of this bird, I'm surprised with. I think the default fsx.exe is just as good as with that alternative FPS limiter so there's no point having it really
Yep, your fps is alright . Happy flying.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It`s useless to set fps limiter to 30 when you have much lower fps. With 12-18fps on the ground you should set fps limiter to something like15fps to see some improvements.On my old sistem antilag seems to work better then fps limiter.

But then I'm flying at 15FPS while cruising, which I get 26-30FPS in the NGX VC...

You get up to 30fps in the NGX VC with that laptop? You should be thankful! I'm running very high settings, though no traffic or AI, and I'm battling to maintain 30. Mind you though, 2.6Ghz vs. 5.0Ghz.

My settings arent full. They are mid-high (see the pic) and I'm running UT2. But its only in the cruise that I get 25-30 with the NGX. At detailed airports or places with high traffic it drops well below 20

What AA are you running on that GPU Dianna? just curious

8xS as per the nVidia Inspector setup in the PMDG forums

and what's performance like in clouds please?

I just flew into a nice heavy REX thunderstorm on approach to KMCO in the Airbus X VC and performance dropped from around 30 to about 25ish and a little stuttery

that's quite impressive, thanks Dianna

I'm surprised myself. I guess this little lappy has more punch than I thought! Well worth the £700 it cost me