Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Another new PC topic.....

I noticed there were numerous topics on which PC would be best for FSX. I am also upgrading my system on a tight budget. Can anyone advise me on which is the better choice between these systems. Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz 64 bit Quad-Core Processor 4GB DDR3 1333 ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB Phenom II X6 1055T(2.8GHz)4GB DDR31TB HDD CapacityAMD Radeon HD 6570 (1 GB) Intel Core I7-870 2.93GHz Processor8GB DDR3 MemoryATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

"this" needs to be updated... the requirements that are listed are unlikelyto lead to a satisfactory result - and why two monitors? huh.png

Bert

Considering you are upgrading and haven't mentioned the mobo, you are gonna need to add that to your list. I would go with the i5 2400 build but a better GPU, you are gonna bottleneck badly with that thing. Probably go for a GT 430 for your budget but really at least a GTS 450.

Actually I would go with a 2500k over a 2400 or a better GPU. CPU is the primary component for FSX. Shear clock speed is what it feeds on. Going with a rather lacking and minimal overclockable CPU (the 2400) but a better GPU is not going to impress you in the end... Btw off topic here, please correct me if I am wrong. I thought posting links to the same external blog repeatedly was against forum rules? Isn't this counted as advertising?

I don't think so, people have links in their sigs and as long as "Virtual FSX" isn't selling anything commercially then I think it's ok to post the link.

\Robert Hamlich/

I had a flick through Avsim's terms of use. It says that you can't advertise a site that members can sigh up to and could potentially compete with avsim. I'm not sure if thats in that category

I am a member of lots of fora and have linked to them when addressing something where I thought it more helpful to post a link, I personally do not see that as advertising. Perhaps I should have a read of the T&C's, wouldn't want to get into any trouble here at AVSIM.

\Robert Hamlich/