Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Anyone else having CTDs when switching models while at the gate?

on edit: this is after installing the hot fix. I can switch fine from the opening dialog but If I've already started the flight (parked at the gate) I'll get a CDT in one of the NGX dlls. Is this a known thing or should I submit a ticket?

Chris Hicks

It is stated in the manual that PMDG planes don't like to be switched in FSX (in flight that is). Too complex a thing to switch. Try returning bac kto FSX manu and select your other model.

Nope, I am good. But I didnt install the hot fix either. I am leaving well enough alone for now,

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Getting crashes switching between the models here.
Hey Sam, I think I found a possible fix. Go into your fsx.cfg and look in the "trusted" section. Delete all off the pmdg NGX and HUD entries, then when you start FS again, click ok when it asks you to verify them. Mine were listed twice. I don't think the hotfix deleted the cfg entries.

Chris Hicks

I think I recall Ryan mentioning that if you want to swap models you need to first select something like the ultra light, let it load, the go back into the a/c menu and select the next NGX model you want.So, if your sitting on the tarmac in the 800 and want the 900, you need to select the ultra light and load it, then once it loads go back into the a/c menu and select the 900 model you want.I've never tried this since I just select the model and paint I want from the start, but if I recall right that is the way Ryan said to do it.Sean campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Disregard.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200