Sign in to follow this  
fm_weasel

Suggestion for a Force Feedback controller

With two stipulations! NO Logitech G940 (tried 3 of them, hated them)NO MS Sidewinder FFB2 (Windows 7 won't recognize the one I have, I really loved this stick)I'm up for suggestions. Low price, high price, whatever. Anyone have experience with Force Feedback products other than the two above, that they can recommend? Please let me know. I'll be using it with FSX and FsForce2 Registered.Thanks!

Let me preemptively stop anyone who wants to saunter in here and teach me a thing or two about how overrated FFB is! I love FFB paired with FsForce2 in FSX. I think it feels awesome, and adds a lot of precision and realism to my flying. I would really like to find another FFB option. This is my overrated opinion, so please assist in any way you can.

FFB2 + FF2 rules. Best combo I ever had. Stick is still holding YEARS of usage and misusage! And btw. under W7x64...

• Upvote 1

Too bad mine doesn't work with Windows 7 Do you have the red triggered version? I hear that helps.Mine locks up FSX and FSforce2 when I try to run either in Windows 7 64

Too bad mine doesn't work with Windows 7 Do you have the red triggered version? I hear that helps.Mine locks up FSX and FSforce2 when I try to run either in Windows 7 64
Yep, red-trigger on mine. Working without a glitch. Sorry to hear about you.

If you are looking for the type of force feedback that shutters through your body might I suggest Buttkicker Gamer. I use three of them for my yoke/throttle quad, pedals and seat. Great immersion effect. If you are looking for a yoke device that adds G-force pressure I know there is one out there but I cannot think of the manufacturer.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It's the flight control forces I am most interested in. Which is largely controlled by the individual program, or third party software like FsForce2.

Microsoft stopped adding drivers to theire OSs' since Vista and they seem NOT to have any intentions of designing any in the future.

my personal only hope is FSFORCE2, which I have already in Trial version,(Only Works in the area around KSEA)Until you buy the licence.

I had it in a Vista computer I had that burnt the Motherboard and I chucked it and in the frustration I forgot to take/copy the FsForce file out and save it for later installation in another computer.

I recommend strogly:

Berlopez 

NO MS Sidewinder FFB2 (Windows 7 won't recognize the one I have, I really loved this stick)I'm up for suggestions.

I have both the red trigger and standard versions of the MS FFB2 stick, both of which work perfectly in FSX with Windows 7 Home 64 bit on my second system. Although the official drivers that came with both sticks stopped being compatible when Windows 7 was released, they are not required as the stick is plug-and-play from Windows 7 on. I use FSForce (highly recommended) with FSX but both sticks work, with force feedback, without it (the forces are rubbish, though). Are you sure that there's not a problem with your stick or the USB port you're using? There are certainly no compatibility problems for the FFB2 stick in Windows 7.

The only replacement for a FFB2 stick is another FFB2! Both sticks also work perfectly with Windows10.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Vortex,thanks fro your reply, I have MS FF2 with Silver Hatswitch,Trigger buttoms and throttle lever.the other four buttoms on the base of the stick are Black. I have been using it for years with litterarly no forces,at least very slight.When I exit FSX it bounces from side to side violently; i have to grab it so it doesn't leave the table.

I am running win7 32? If this could have anything to do with its' compatability,I doubt it.I also have another system with Windows 8.1 and the stick is also dead there too.

I have also tried to run the DISC with the software,to no avail, therefore my desision on FSFORCE which worked like a charm in Vista 32.And the FSFORCE Trial version Works in this computer, but as you know only around KSEA.

Thanks for your imput.

Berlopez

Vortex,thanks fro your reply, I have MS FF2 with Silver Hatswitch,Trigger buttoms and throttle lever.the other four buttoms on the base of the stick are Black. I have been using it for years with litterarly no forces,at least very slight.When I exit FSX it bounces from side to side violently; i have to grab it so it doesn't leave the table.

I am running win7 32? If this could have anything to do with its' compatability,I doubt it.I also have another system with Windows 8.1 and the stick is also dead there too.

I have also tried to run the DISC with the software,to no avail, therefore my desision on FSFORCE which worked like a charm in Vista 32.And the FSFORCE Trial version Works in this computer, but as you know only around KSEA.

Thanks for your imput.

Berlopez

Sounds like it could be a problem with your stick. When I leave FSX, the only force applied to the stick is a gentle centering force when I hold the grip. Have you tried re-calibrating the stick in Windows? In FSX, even without FSForce I get good force feedback (but a poor representation of the real forces).

If the trial version of FSForce works with your stick I would definitely go for the full version - I would consider it essential if you want to get the best from your stick with good, realistic forces in FSX. If you previously had a copy on your old computer, I would contact Dirk who always seems very helpful - see: http://fs-force.com/support.htm.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Vortex, once Again, thanks for your input. My stick too, has forces when I leave FSX, I was once told by a MS supporter that is because the software is in Windows and thereby never ignored. Even while I write this reply and grab the stick, forces are felt and it fights me back to get to center. Some times all I have to do is to is to put my hand very close to the handle,( Close to the 2 holes, in front of it) I think these are the sensors and it fallows my hand in any direction. 

I even have a Windows 8.1 computer here uselessly sitting on the floor, keeps brraking and has now been sent back to germany for fommatting twice and while I had FSX Accel. briefly installed twice in it there was no difference in the forces than in in win.7