Sign in to follow this  
Haitoman

Everything is perfect...

There is a lot of 'is this a bug' and moaning (plus a lot of positives) going on with lots of people looking for someone or something to blame. Everything is perfect for me. I am using a Warthog HOTAS (not very authentic looking but it is THE BEST JOYSTICK EVER and have mapped all of the in-flight important stuff to switches and buttons via FSUIPC. I have throttle 1 &2 individually mapped and calibrated, the reversers are all mapped via FSUIPC. My system is a Windoze7 64bit o/clocked E8600 (3.5GHz) Core2 Duo GTS250 and I have very, very acceptable visuals (except no autogen 'cos I hate it) with Aerosoft Heathrow, all NZ scenery and mesh, EZDok, I get over 60FPS on 2D and constant 20-25FPS on 3D. No crashes, CTDs or panel freezes ever. I have tweaked fsx.cfg as per PMDG instructions and then run it by the web tweaker - it works fine. If you are having crashes, the most likely culprit is audio drivers (hey NGX is running fine on many of our systems). If you are using on-board (MOBO) sound go into BIOS and disable sound. Do you still get crashes. If yes, then update or find new drivers. Make sure while you are in BIOS that HT is off. If you are getting odd responses, go into FSX and delete all key assignments that you don't need. Yes there are a few wrinkles to iron out with the simulation but PMDG will have a service pack in no time. Patrick Wellen Of Patrick flame fame..... ;-)

Patrick, how do I map individual throttle assignments? I have the Thrustmaster Warthog so that would be perfect. I have been tweaking my autogen and raising it slightly here and there, and have noticed that increasing it actually provides for a slight FPS increase yet much smoother gameplay. I believe that the FPS displayed may at times not be the actual FPS. When flying through the hi-res REX 2 clouds, it looks so smooth as if I am flying at 60fps. See my signature for system specs. My fsx.cfg is also tweaked per the intro document, as well as I use the fps limiter, locked @ 35. I get a smooth 20-25 at default airports and a slightly fluctuating 30-35 @ altitude with weather, all terrain sliders to the full right with mesh resolution 5m, water low 2x, scenery complexity dense, autogen normal. I am going to experiment with raising the scenery complexity and autogen per the intro's recommendations to see if that helps also.

Patrick, how do I map individual throttle assignments? I have the Thrustmaster Warthog so that would be perfect. I have been tweaking my autogen and raising it slightly here and there, and have noticed that increasing it actually provides for a slight FPS increase yet much smoother gameplay. I believe that the FPS displayed may at times not be the actual FPS. When flying through the hi-res REX 2 clouds, it looks so smooth as if I am flying at 60fps. See my signature for system specs. My fsx.cfg is also tweaked per the intro document, as well as I use the fps limiter, locked @ 35. I get a smooth 20-25 at default airports and a slightly fluctuating 30-35 @ altitude with weather, all terrain sliders to the full right with mesh resolution 5m, water low 2x, scenery complexity dense, autogen normal. I am going to experiment with raising the scenery complexity and autogen per the intro's recommendations to see if that helps also.
In FSX controller options I have : Engine 1 Throttle Axis mapped to HOTAS Throttle Z RotationEngine 2 Throttle Axis mapped to HOTAS Throttle Z AxisFlaps mapped to HOTAS Throttle Slider In FSUIPC (tick the map for aircraft box) :Joystick CalibrationSelect Seperate Throttles per engineReset Throttle 1 then Set (move throttle through entire range)Reset Throttle 2 then Set (move throttle through entire range)Goto Button assignments in FSUIPC and assign Button 28 or 29 to F2 (Repeating) and F1 on release to return throttles to idle. Patrick

Hey man i share the same Joystick calibrated both axes to an engine each ... But and there you are way out front ... i have no idea how to configurate the Reversers In the FSUIPC ... I´d be glad if you could tell me how to do it :)

Ps.: Hopefully we are talking about the same way of using the Reversers: " I´d like to use the Throttle OFF position on both engines to engange the Reversers to fully extended." )