Sign in to follow this  
krylite

windows 7 x 64 , no change

Hello. Can anyone help me? I got tileproxy 8 running. The driver running ok. And it seems to load something intomy external drive tileproxy cache folders. But the scenery is not updated. just the regular FSX scenery. tileproxy says: Simulation is runing. proxyUser: Individual tile access 0, 0.0 per secondproxyUser: Preloaded: 31372, Hit: 0, Miss: 0, Messages 469 And it keeps repeating. The right 4 "ovals" are filled with asterisks. The bottom 3 "ovals" are filled with asterisks. The first oval is just dashes. Thanks

You are not connected to one of the services so that means that your .ini file is not correct.

If it appears to be running, then you SHOULD have some jpg files (lots) added into your cache folder. These images are distributed between 1000 subfolders (000-999). These subfolders are not created until needed for the first time, so look into one of them and see if you see image tiles of the .jpg 'persuasion'. If you don't have any of these numbered subfolders, then you won't have any images yet, nor will you have any scenery visible. Did you download the functional ini file from Ed's website? Loyd

I have the exact same problem! I'm using Ed's INI file - only corrected cache folders path in it, nothing else. My cache folders are in @ C:\TPCache while FSX is running under D:\Microsoft\bla bla bla... Btw, I'm using service 3 (Y! Map) and my cache folders are full of JPG images. Still no effect in FSX! :( I have also disabled enforcement of signed MS drivers through F8 upon Windows 7 x64 logon. Putting simple, I run everything configured as written in Ed's tutorial. Here is the attachment of my TileProxy screen as seen over Marathon Airport (KMTH), Flo, US: ZumiP.jpg

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Binaonly default textures when TP appears to be working?. 1. Driver running (you think ok) in Win7..2. Is TP started BEFORE FSX?3. are TP regions enabled in scenery.cfg at higher priority than default ?4. Tiles... for KMTH - end of rwy 7: the 1m/level 17 image tile (your cache folder\870\tile_l17_x36023_y74830.jpg)and a 1.3M (1.2m res) scenery tile "your TP photoreal world folder\0302\003123201320212SU.BMP" note: on the "SU" part of the tile name... this will vary with the season you fly in - so always search for files with the season optionalWindows search for 003123201320212??.BMP or 003123201320212*.BMP so it will find any seasonal variation created. If you have the SDK installed, you can view the bmp using the provided image viewer. If not, you may be able to use one of the viewer tools used by folks who do repaints. You cannot use standard image viewers since the scenery tile is multi LOD. regrettably, I do not have TP installed on my current Win7 system; I only have "tools" that allow me to see what the image tiles and scenery tiles should be at a given location. Loyd

Bina, You are not getting any server textures either, just textures that come with TP.

Hi Lloyd & Jim, Once again, thanks a lot for support, guys!!! Pls find my comments below:

only default textures when TP appears to be working?. - Yes 1. Driver running (you think ok) in Win7
I think so! I did sign tileproxy.sys as instructed here: http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.php?/topic/25436-how-to-load-and-run-unsigned-drivers-in-64-bit-windows-7/ After that - when I start TP - it works as it should do with a message popping in DOS mode "... ready for takeoff"
2. Is TP started BEFORE FSX?
Yes! I start TP, then I start FSX, select an airport BUT do not load the flight - instead I wait until the circles are full. Then, I load the flight.
3. are TP regions enabled in scenery.cfg at higher priority than default ?
Yes! All TP regions stay above in Scenery Library (down the list in scenery.cfg). As instructed by Ed, I (actually, TP installer) have WORLD_LOD8 under "..\TileProxy Photoreal World\xxxx" entries in scenery.cfg too.
4. Tiles...for KMTH - end of rwy 7: the 1m/level 17 image tile (your cache folder\870\tile_l17_x36023_y74830.jpg)and a 1.3M (1.2m res) scenery tile "your TP photoreal world folder\0302\003123201320212SU.BMP" note: on the "SU" part of the tile name... this will vary with the season you fly in - so always search for files with the season optionalWindows search for 003123201320212??.BMP or 003123201320212*.BMP so it will find any seasonal variation created. If you have the SDK installed, you can view the bmp using the provided image viewer. If not, you may be able to use one of the viewer tools used by folks who do repaints. You cannot use standard image viewers since the scenery tile is multi LOD. regrettably, I do not have TP installed on my current Win7 system; I only have "tools" that allow me to see what the image tiles and scenery tiles should be at a given location.
The funny thing is I have NO .bmp files in folder "TileProxy Photoreal World", only TP-installed scenery files, no textures. My guess TP just downloads the JPGs, puts them in cache.serviceX folder BUT doesn't covnert them to BMPs. Hence no TP textures in FSX, only FSX-default!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

No, you are not getting textures to download because the Individual Tile Access reads zero on the first line of the TP window.

No, you are not getting textures to download because the Individual Tile Access reads zero on the first line of the TP window.
Not entirely true.... no accesses means what you said... there are no textures for FSX to accessor it can be this...when I run FSX BEFORE TP, all textures are built as per normal and there are still only default textures showing because TP was not 'connected' into the scenery system in time to be referenced. You also will also get "0" accesses under this condition - I built a lot of scenery this way because the cpu load was significantly less... But I agree, in this W7 environment, this situation is most usually the driver not actually making the tiles yet... Loyd